Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Checked bank account...scares me to be living this close to the edge. Thankfully there's food in the house and if we are very careful we may have enough gasoline to get back and forth to where we need to go. My SS check should hit the bank by Wednesday of next week. Until then we have about $124 for prescriptions, miscellaneous, gasoline, whatever. It's been a really long time since I've had to live like this! And I don't like it. Of course if I wasn't paying $918.78 per month for health insurance, and if we count what we also pay for Ken's Medicare every month ($100) that's over $1000 for health insurance per month. That could buy a lot of groceries, gasoline, etc. Right now I need to buy a graduation gift, need to send the grandchildren $$ for completing the school year, etc. Just have to wait.

I'm trying to find a job, but I don't know what to do because no one will grant me an interview much less hire me. We are praying that one of us will find a job quickly. We can't survive much longer the way we are. The stress is about to get us.

10:30 p.m.: I planned to go to a networking workshop at Texas Workforce that started at 1 p.m. today. About the time I needed to jump in the shower to get ready I received a telephone call from a government agency in Washington, DC about the resume I sent May 21 for a position in Fort Worth. The lady liked my credentials and the fact that I'm somewhat familiar with things. Of course as always they have to wait until a proposal may or may not go through for contract. But it was nice to at least have had a first phone interview. She said she is going to pass it to her upper management and recommend me for the job. We'll see.

I went on to the workshop - got there about the time it started. I told Juan why I was breezing in. I told him it was a position I found through workintexas.com but it wasn't listed as a job in my field - it was listed as executive something or other rather than project management or change management but the requirements are just about everything I've done and the credentials are exactly what I have. He used it as a "lesson" to the workshop -- don't just look for particular titles.

Later Juan told me to stay after class - he was going to take me to see Eddie. Eddie and Juan work together to place people in some positions...such as actually working for Texas Workforce. Eddie came in and told me he would meet with me afterward. Tonight I had to take a couple of assessments on line and have to get those back to Eddie tomorrow. Then I have a meeting with him next Wednesday. I'm hoping something works out. But, the assessments came out pretty strange!!! After all my years of experience in analytical and engineering positions, the assessments indicates I should be doing something with my music!!! I'm anxious to see how he handles that.

So nothing much exciting. Tonight I fixed smothered pork chops, rice and cheesy broccoli. I took out chicken thighs for tomorrow night and canvassed my Facebook friends for different ways to fix the since I never buy thighs (I buy boneless breasts). Got some wonderful ideas so I know tomorrow night will be good.

Listened to some Ricky Van Shelton music tonight...love to hear that man sing. I especially like this one: Take My Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.