Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday, June 7, 2012

If We Never Meet Again, by Ricky Van Shelton


Poor Maggie. We had to have her back at the vet this morning at 9 a.m. for a follow-up. I am still so very angry with BioSpot. Maggie's healing, but it is slow. At least the hide and hair have stopped sloughing off and she has some hair growing back in over part of it. But it was another $35 bill today. And we have to make an appointment so she can get a medicated bath - Ken and I simply cannot lift her in and out of the tub...and I can't get down on my knees at the tub to bathe her. She has to go for a follow-up checkup in a month. So, yet another bill.

What else today? Not much. We all took a long nap - that was great. I finally woke up when little Luci started complaining. Daddy woke up before us and was in his office...she was trying to get his attention to get her down. She has never learned to use the stools and things that we have for Bennie so she can't get up on furniture or the bed and can't get down by herself. It was 2:37 when I woke up!

There was a particular job that my counselor had spoken to me about and wanted me to go online and enter an application...a government job. So I did. I spent 3+ hours entering information into that dang application following instructions step-by-step. It wanted information for every job I've ever held, all the way back to high school, and every detail about every job. Needless to say mine was too much information so had to go into the overflow text box. I completed the application and hit the submit button and the system failed -- information overload, system could not accept that much information. I had to go into the application and REMOVE all the information from 1982 back to 1966 (lol). I'm not sure what to do about it, but I submitted the application without the information, sent an email to the site contact email, then sent emails to my counselors to explain what happened. We'll see what happens.

I was SO frustrated trying to complete that dang application, and every time I would get engrossed into trying to remember/recall information or inputting the details Ken would show up at my door. It is akin to having a 2 year old child. And no matter how many times I told him not to, here he would come again. The last straw was when he started asking me about fixing dinner. You know, old man, you are 63 years old. If you are hungry, fix yourself something to eat. I was intending to fix chicken thighs tonight so finally just told him how to do them -- put them in the square glass pan, put some bbq sauce and seasoning on them, put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour. Guess he decided if he was going to eat tonight that he better do that. He made mac and cheese to go with it and that's what we had.

We watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Then I came back to my room to try to regroup. The application I completed today indicates that a credit check be done and may prevent employment. If that's the case I may as well give up now. With everything that has happened since 2008 our credit went to HHH in a handbasket. I checked my score via Experian a couple of weeks ago - it's not really pretty, but improving.

For the next hour or so I have to work on PowerPoint training. I have to finish watching videos and doing homework and then complete an assignment. This section has to be completed and submitted tonight.

Have a great evening, pray for us, we are in desperate need of prayer right now for many reasons. How about a little praise tune to close: Thank You Lord, by Don Moen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.