Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday, June 15, 2012



Hello Friday!! Even though we are not working, we still look forward to Fridays. there's just something about the weekends. It gives us a couple of days to rest from the "stress" of looking for work 'cause we know we're not going to do job hunting on the weekend.

Went to a workshop on interview tips yesterday. Ken had a couple of interviews. He thinks one of the interviews is positive. When I got home from workshop he told me the guy was interested in seeing my resume as well because they are loooking for software people as well as an accountant. I keep telling people I am NOT a programmer, I am a project engineer/manager. No one understands that - they just keep thinking I do coding/programming. I sent the guy my resume and attempted to explain it; the response was that he would check what programming languages they are using and maybe I would be familiar with them. ????? I repeat, I am NOT a programmer. I studied programming, I am familiar with program languages, I MANAGE software projects, but there are whiz kids who do the actual programming!!!

Applied for a position with an airline company yesterday -- it's a work from home situation. To qualify one has to have a separate place in the home to work, has to have computer with high speed internet, dedicated phone line, etc. I can make that happen. We don't use the front bedroom anyway. The BIG issue with this is that they want the person to be on call ALL the time - day, night, weekends. That wouldn't be so bad if both K. and I did the job. I'm a night owl. But I figure the whole thing would get old in a very short time!!!

Ah, phone message left today by the airline company...reminding me to complete an assessment that was supposedly sent to me via email yesterday. Unfortunately, did not receive it. Called them back but no one there so left a message. Hope to hear from them again. Not really sure I want the dang job, it's lots of hours days, nights, weekends, just working from home.

Ken went to WIA workshop today. Not sure what he got out of it. Hope something happens for him. We are at the breaking point with one another.

Other than that, today was a wasted day. Ken spent the afternoon fighting to get his computer fixed (virus) and on the phone with AT&T. I spent the afternoon doing my best to stay away from him (as usual). Only thing I did worthwhile was to put in a load of undies in the washer on sanitize.

We didn't cook; we opted to order from The Wok - our long-time area Chinese place that delivers. I always get non-spicy orange chicken and Ken gets the shrimp whatever that he likes. It's been a LONG time since we've ordered it. The place must have changed hands because the food wasn't anything like it was before...not very good. So, back to the drawing board.

Tomorrow I must accomplish 3 things...clean master bathroom, clean kitchen and refrigerator. Then I must go to the grocery store. Oh, must also get graduation card and father's day card, and cards for grandchildren for end of school year. Won't be much, but must be something.

Have sweet dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.