Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 (Chicken Alfredo Recipe)

Overcast, rainy, quiet day. Finished up PowerPoint assignment that was returned to me with comment yesterday. Got it back today as accepted. That completes certificate requirements for PowerPoint. So did the final quiz, missed one question. Did the training survey, and got the certificates. Yippee! Am now certified. Now to find the Access database disk so I can get that one completed. NO idea where Office 2007 disk is. Must have it around here somewhere since we have everything else of Office 2007 loaded on this computer.

Today I worked on putting my dang Dossier together...fancy word for a 3-ring binder that has my "credentials" in it...like award presentations, promotions, college transcripts, certificates for training completed, and such stuff. Have to take it with me to a meeting tomorrow. I think I'm going to be hired for a job with the State of Texas but am being mum because it might not work out. I have a workshop from 1-2:30 tomorrow and then a meeting at 3. I'll know more then.

I've been really pissy for the past couple of days just KNOWING that I'm probably actually going back to work. It's against my will...I really want to be retired except for some part-time or temporary something or other. I need a little income, but not a lot. And I'm afraid that going back full time will mess up my Social Security check. They hold out $1.00 for each $2.00 earned over a certain amount. Afraid Ken is getting the brunt of my stress over it -- shouldn't be ME going back to work. I've done my part. I should be enjoying a well-earned retirement with no stress, but that's not happening. Oh, well, it is what it is.

Took me a couple of hours to write a 3-page document about my work life, starting with my first job. Dang, they should tell us when we are young that we might need this kind of information some day! It was hard to remember all of that!!!

Made brownies this afternoon -- cheated and used a box mix. threw in what was left of a package of semi sweet chocolate and peanut butter chips. Yummy.

We had chicken alfredo for dinner -- I made alfredo sauce from scratch. Actually turned out to be pretty good. Could have used a salad but alas had no fixings for same! Hopefully tonight the good ol' check will hit the bank, we'll be able to pay some bills, and then be broke again until next $$ hits the bank. Such is life.

I checked out ATT Uverse last night to see exactly what package we have -- man this service is costing us the moon every month! And we don't watch the television that much. First thing that's going to go is the phone - our land line is hooked up thru our computer. Gotta get rid of that, but that's only like $30 per month. then we gotta come down on the TV package - we don't actually watch all the channels available.

Guess that's about all the excitement for today. I need to tear up this place looking for the Office 2007 disk. I'll leave by posting a recipe for how I do chicken alfredo.


Chicken Alfredo

1 stick of butter (NO margarine) - I use salted
1 8 oz block of cream cheese
1 cup half and half (I didn't have any so used 1 can of evaporated fat free milk)
1/2 cup shredded parmasan cheese - all I had was what was in the bottle to sprinkle on pizza - it worked
4 cups or so of diced chicken (I cheat. I buy a bag of the already grilled fajita chicken so I can keep it in the freezer to use when I need it. Used the entire bag. Thawed it out, diced it.)
1/2 cup or so of water
Italian Seasoning
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Salt
Pepper
1 tbs olive oil
Package of Spaghetti

Fill up pot with water for spaghetti. Put in about a tsp salt. Add the olive oil. Bring to boil. Add spaghetti, cook 'til done.

While spaghetti pot is coming to boil, melt stick of butter in sauce pan on low heat so it doesn't burn. When just about melted add the block of cheese (cut it up first - it will melt faster). Add all seasonings. Add half and half (or milk) and the parmasan cheese. Turn heat to medium. Stir until all cheese is melted and it comes together like a sauce, about 3 minutes. Add diced chicken. Continue to stir until chicken is heated all the way through - about 5 minutes.

Put spaghetti in pasta bowls, pour on the alfredo and chicken. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.