Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday, June 3, 2012

A lazy Sunday. We still haven't found a church to attend. We left the church we've attended for years because it no longer preaches and teaches Christ and the Bible, and is run more like a social club than a church. We're looking for a church somewhere reasonably close to where we live that is Bible based, does NOT have a rock band and "praise" team, but has good ol' fashioned hymn and southern gospel music singing. And we're looking for a Sunday School that actually teaches and discusses the Bible. Hopefully we'll find something soon - we both miss going to church.

Didn't do much else today. My back is screaming, in the areas that are immediately over where my native kidneys are located. I will have to check with my doctor tomorrow, probably will have to get lab work done and go from there.

So, I went back to bed about 1 p.m. and slept until 5:37 p.m.! Thankfully Ken didn't care. He watched his baseball game and I got to sleep. Then he made ghoulash (sp?) for supper, and fixed blackeyed peas to go with it. Love those Ranch Style blackeyed peas.

We watched one of the Secret Millionaire shows - seemed kinda fake. Then I watched the show that is about an obese person's life over a year of time. It was ok, but could have been told in much less time than 2 hours.

I skipped going to the quilting bee today. Just needed the day to rest. Tomorrow morning I go to a networking session at North Fort Worth Baptist Church - hopefully that will do me some good. Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to an invitation only network session thru Juan Hernandez of Texas Workforce. I need to work on the course materials for him, but I haven't done that yet either. Was too tied up doing the Debbi garage sale.

Ken is still a little miffed with me about the job he turned down early this past week, but I think it was for the best. It was all the way across the metroplex out by DFW airport -- way too far to drive every day and the stress of dealing with the traffic out that way would far outweigh the benefits of the job. Then he had an interview on Friday and I talked him out of going. Why? Because the one thing we've been taught is to research, research, research the company of a potential interview. Turns out the company that wanted to talk with him has claims of fraudulent practices filed against it -- taking money and not producing a product, or not producing a quality product. The last thing Ken needs to be mixed up in is a company like that!

So, tomorrow Ken has an appointment to go thru a mock interview with the service he has been working with the last couple of weeks. If he does well on the mock interview, he will be connected with potential employers. I'm hoping that will work out.

Other than that, I've received rejections from every place I've applied. I'm either over qualified or my skills are too OLD. WTH!!! So, back to the drawing board.

That's it for today. Love and hugs to my children, grandchildren, family, and friends. You are all missed greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.