Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

BAD day...depression in addition to feeling yucky.  Can't get the fluid off - diuretics not working, legs and feet are at least twice their normal size - can't get shoes on.  Finally got up today about noon...managed to get my teeth and hair brushed and put on some clothes.

Spent most of the day in my sewing room piddling.  Used a couple of fat quarters to make some coasters.  They're cute but definitely look homemade by Dorthy!  I've included a couple of pictures of them.  I'm always amazed that no matter how much time I take, how carefully I measure, how many times I take out stitches, etc., etc., that everything I make comes out looking like crap!  Oh, well.  I'll probably just keep these for myself anyway.  I was originally going to tie tea or something with the ribbon and maybe include these in a little bag with a mug (Dollar Tree maybe).

I thought about daughter Brandi all day while working on these...she likes the snowman decorations.  I won't give them to her, I don't think, because she doesn't like "stuff."

I think next I'm going to try making some coasters with half square triangles.  The Crafty Gemini on youtube.com had a tutorial on those - I think I can do it.  Of course they will LOOK like I made them but I'm beyond the point of giving a hoot!!!

Did not dare work on a quilt while feeling like this.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.