Friday, November 16, 2012

Thursday, November 15, 2012

School assignment canceled again today - I wasn't feeling so good, so thankfully that worked out.  Didn't get much done this morning other than moaning.  Went to fabric stores on Wednesday; got stuff to finish brother Gerald's quilt, but didn't feel up to working on it today.  I finally cut the border strips for it tonight - maybe I'll get something done on it tomorrow.  Need to get finished with it because I have at least 3 others to do before Christmas, and would like to do one for myself!!!  That probably won't happen.

My cousin, Barbara Sue Wright Greene, died this morning.  She was diagnosed earlier this year and told she had only about two months to live, there was nothing they could do for her aggressive cancer.  Her mother has not yet been told - don't know if she will be told or not.  Aunt Ethel Lea is almost 100 years old, is now blind, etc.  She is probably too fragile to be told this news.

Got granddaughter Chloe's birthday card/gift cards sent off today.  Can't believe she's going to be 12 years old on Sunday.  Been a long time since I've seen her; I would love to see her again.  She was always a sweetie.

Not sure what we're doing about Christmas for everyone this year.  We've about decided we're not going to spend a lot of money, so folks may be getting homemade things again.  I saw two really neat tutorials today on how to make quilt-as-you-go placemats and how to make a nice table runner.  They are both fairly quick, so maybe I can do some of those.  The thing about the Christmas tree is you are supposed to buy the 10" hex ruler, but I figured out how to make a template of it out of paper, so I can just transfer that to some cardboard or else just cut it out via a straight ruler using the paper template.  No point in buying the hex because I have no idea if I would use it again or not!  One thing I do need to buy, however, is some background fabric in a neutral cream or something.  Need to get back to Joann's and Hobby Lobby while things are on sale.

Went to nail shop late this afternoon...had pedi and got nails done.  While there I met a teacher from South Hills High School who teaches career training - accounting, etc.  She found out I do sub teaching and ask for my phone number - says she's picky about who teaches her classes but she liked me after talking to me so wants to know if I will do her classes for her!  Yes, it is possible to ask for a specific sub.  Yea!  South Hills is not far from me - on McCart.

Tonight I worked more on the additional certification classes.  BORING.  But need to get all those finished.  I've done the required stuff thru FW ISD, but now need to get this additional specific training completed.  I may never use it, but who knows.  I'm about ready to retire completely and either we make it on the funds that come into this house or we don't.  I could make that happen by taking some funds from savings and paying off some bills.  But I am terrified of depleting savings so don't want to touch it.  I notice Ken's become pretty cautious as well.

That's about it for today...for some reason I am extremely tired.  The extreme depression does that to me, and the drugs don't help much with it.  I want so badly to get this place cleaned up, decorated, rearranged, stuff hauled out, but I don't seem to be able to work up the energy to do any of it.  Doc says it is simple depression, and I know it is.  I don't want to go anywhere, don't want to see anybody, don't want to leave my room.  Have to make myself do the little bit that I do.

Bye now - 'nuf from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.