Monday, November 19, 2012

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Quiet day; cried some of it because today is my granddaughter Chloe's 12th birthday and I don't get to see her ever and I miss her so very much...along with all of my other children and grandchildren.  I have no idea what she (or the others) like, need or want, so all I can do any more is send gift cards.  And I never know if they get them or not because my daughters won't let me know if they get them.  And they don't send a thank you message so all I can do is hope they get them.  But these are my children and grandchildren, and they will be until the day that I die so I will continue to miss them, long for them and send gifts.  I don't have a clue what to do about Christmas gifts...I know it has to be something I can mail.  We made the mistake of taking gifts to their homes last Christmas and it was made obvious that they didn't want us around.  So, today was a little rough.  I remember the day Miss Chloe was born - oh, God, she was beautiful.  Such a precious bundle.

So, what else?  We didn't do ANYTHING except stay home.  I have studying to do because I'm trying to complete an additional teacher certification.  However, I get started on it and it is so boring that my attention wonders, and then about the time I do settle into the videos Ken appears at the door.  So, I'm not getting much done on that very quickly at all!  I've got to get finished with it because I need to take the assessment by the end of December!

I don't work this next week...the schools are out for the week for Thanksgiving.  But, I'm scheduled to teach a couple of kindergarten classes on the 27th and 29th...at the school where my son was bused way back when he was in the second grade!  My baby daughter was also bused over to that school.  What a stupid idea it was to bus these babies across town.  Anyway, back then it was a nice school and I liked the principal as well as my kids' teachers.  I'm hoping it is still a good school.  Rough part of town, but...

I've been working on my silly table cover today -- keeping myself busy mostly.  It's still kinda wobbly!  However, I did get the flannel backing and backing basted to the top and I've done a million lines of straight line stitching on it and still have more to go!  I've had to do it with three different colors because of the colors of the strips in the thing...red, green, and white thread.  I still have the white to finish...got it started but sick of the dang table cover!  Still have to decise what I'm going to use for binding.  I'm trying not to cut into any of my large fabric pieces.

Tomorrow is Monday - the cleaning lady is coming...so tomorrow will be a busy day.  I want the house cleaned up this time instead of halfway cleaned up.  I've not been happy with the work I've been getting for the money we are paying.

Gotta run...am so hungry...could not make myself eat today...too upset.  Glad this day is over; dreading the holidays and the loneliness and depression.  Extremely hard to live with.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.