Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Today is niece Peggy's birthday...seems just yesterday we (the entire family at the time) were gathered in the maternity waiting room for the birth of this beautiful person.  November 20, 1963.  Love her just as much today.

Received a letter from Social Security today -- wow!  they say they miscalculated my monthly payment amount and that it should be more!  So, on the December payment they are going to pay me back payments to January plus increase the monthly amount - and that does not include cost of living increases if we get any!  Yippee...it's not much - about enough to buy a yard or two of fabric!  And if I have a coupon I can also get a bag of batting!

What else?  Woke up about noon today...sick as a dog.  Am so tired of having a really good day followed by a day of sick, sick, sick.  Blood sugar WAY off for some crazy reason...it was 440 tonight.  So, huge dose of insulin, and hoping it will bring it down so the fog in my brain will lift.  Decided I needed to do some sewing work anyway, and since the backing fabric for brother Gerald's (Jerry's) quilt came yesterday I elected to measure for doing the piecing to make the backing large enough.  First, I made a mistake on the length and ended up having to sew on not one but two extensions.  Then I laid the back and top together to check size and discovered I had mismeasured the width required!!!  Not my day.  Thankfully I have more fabric so have enough to make up for my stupidity.  I know better than to do something like this when I'm not feeling my best, but alas, I thought I could handle it.

Received message from childhood friend David this morning.  Learned his brother Ronnie passed away this morning.  We were next door neighbors to this family - so we were in/out of one another's houses all the time.  Seems we are losing everybody.  We went to that Memorial service for the son of friends Johnnie and Lela on Saturday, and there we learned the funeral for another friend Claire had been on Friday.  This is becoming way too frequent.

I'm very tired tonight - for unknown reasons.  We did lie (yes, Larry Klos, chickens lay/people lie) down late this afternoon - all of us (doggies, cats, people).  Just can't kick the exhaustion.  Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow to a great day - I hope so.  Need to get ready to go to niece Peggy's for Thanksgiving with all the family...and there is much to be thankful for.  Great nephew Isaac went home from the hospital today -- he has been in the hospital since he was born, 17 months ago...this is his first time to leave the hospital.  It is indeed a time of rejoicing.  But the holidays are always sad for Ken and me because we long to see our own family and the gathering reminds us that we no longer have a family.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.