Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday, November 19, 2012

Oh, wow!  Monday.  Cleaning lady came this morning - yea for Irene!  She saw the Christmas quilt I made for my older brother...she wants one, too.  That's 3 folks plus the church who have asked me to make one before Christmas!!!  Not sure I'm going to get this all done.

After Irene left, Ken took me around running errands.  We got a lot done.  We first stopped at UPS and sent back some shoes I had ordered that came in too big for me - afraid I'll slip down in them...they have a bit of a heel (about 1.5") and were beautiful dress shoes.  Just didn't feel I could successfully wear them.  I'm too used to my granny shoes.

Next stop was Albertson's...checked on Hostess goodies - picked up a couple.  Plus we had to buy more soup...we eat a lot of soup.  We love the new Campbell's tomato basil soup (microwavable container, perfect for two of us).

Then, the post office...mailed some things to my baby daughter - some things I found while cleaning out/up around here.  They've been hanging around in my sewing room for months; finally did something about them today.  Have other stuff to mail to other kids.  Hope to get it all done and outta my hair.

We had lunch at Sam's (our friend's place...the name of the place is Italian Cafe).  Good food, great prices.  Then on to my personal fabric shop hop!  We headed out to Hurst to Hancock's (had a good coupon).  I found a few fabrics I liked, along with some batting (had a good coupon for it, too).  Then we went to Joann's - which is in the same shopping center as Hancock's.  I picked up some fabrics and another batting (coupons).  I like the poly low-loft battings a lot, but the batting I got at Hancock's was one of the 80/20 battings.

Then we headed for Hobby Lobby.  We had seen some fabrics at the HL close to where we live and we found most of them at the one in North Richland Hills -- still have to go to the one close to us to get one of them -- I'm determined to have that fabric with the skiing snowmen!

We finally headed home in the evening traffic, so it was a crawl from NRH to SW FW.  We stopped at Panda Express for food, then headed home.  When we got home Ken checked the mail box - yep, more fabric in a package...the backing fabric I ordered for my brother Gerald's quilt came in.  Now I can get it finished...I already had the batting.  So now I have enough fabric, thread, and batting that I don't have to come out of my cave for weeks!!!  But before I can do any more work in here I have to clean it up a bit.  It currently looks as though the room exploded.

So, if I don't get on here any time soon, it's because I'm 18 kinds of busy.  See ya around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.