Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Great week thus far! Yesterday I got to have lunch and spend time yacking with long-time friend Marikay. Marikay and I worked together for a long time before the company shafted her and she left for a better situation in Florida. Now retired, she is in town visiting adult children. I'm green with envy because they are all leaving tomorrow for Seattle and then jumping on the cruise ship Friday morning to do the Alaska cruise for the next two weeks. Waa! I wanna go! Hope they have a blast, 'cause I'll get to hear all about it.

What else? Let's see, Ken posted on his high school social page that we had been to Ol' South Pancake House for dinner Monday night and suggested that the gang go there one time as a change from the Mexican place where they go every month. That started a riot, with everybody telling him how bad the place was, how awful the food is, how poor the service is, and not only no, but hell no they won't go. I am SO glad my school buddies do not carry on like his.

Ken and I have posted that we will be at Jake's for lunch tomorrow at 11:30 and everyone is invited to come out to join us. We'll see if anyone show's up. Have heard from one person, and that is a decline. Whether they show up or not, we will have a salad and tea!

Last night we did the unforgiveable and went to Outback Steakhouse. Ken was hungry for blooming onion. We also ordered one of the appetizers that's the avocado topped with crab meat. I ordered a cheeseburger, ate half of it, the other half was brought home for the fur babies. Likewise, Ken had the steak kabob and brought part of it home.

Today I had a meeting at The Ladder Alliance. This is turning into a full-time position with part-time pay. Thankfully this is something I want to do and I'm not in it for the $$ necessarily.

Received a call from FWISD along with email notification that all's well on the homefront - fingerprinting/background check is ok and I attend orientation/seminars/ teacher sessions on Friday. This is going to be exciting. I always wanted to be a teacher!!! I have to swing by the ISD office tomorrow to have another photo made -- the one I thought was for my badge turns out to be for the background check only, so have to have another one made for ID badge. Then on to lunch.

And tonight we drove to Burleson and stopped at Golden Corral for dinner. We won't do that again!

Here we are, fat dumb and happy, and ready to call it a night. We're having fun this week because starting Monday I won't have any more free days for the following 8 weeks or so. After that I plan to slow back down. I haven't spoken about that with The Ladder Alliance folks, but no way am I going to do full days, 5 days a week, continually. My plan is to continue to support them, but with many fewer hours.

'til next time, take care, may God bless you, be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.