Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday. Woke up at 10:39 this morning! I have to stop that, but it feels really good right now to sleep as much as I want to.

No church today...we have become backsliders and really need to change that. Just wish we could find a church to attend.

Basically a slow day. Made out cards to the grandchildren - sending snow cone money because it's mid summer. I really miss them so much. Oh, God, sometimes it's all I can do not to start bawling in the middle of the day, and I still cry myself to sleep at night.

I did a bit of laundry - not much else. Made a cherry/pineapple cobbler, cooked some chicken breasts in marinade of raspberry vinegrette and plated it on a bed of dirty brown rice (Zattarain's), and steamed some vegetables. That was about it.

I sent an email to the lady at FW ISD yesterday indicating I can't get to the August 3 seminars. She responded today - a Sunday! Told me to make my fingerprinting appointment for tomorrow and she can get me into the July 27 sessions. So, I did it on line tonight and have appointment for tomorrow at 11 a.m. Yea! Maybe this WILL work out.

Still not too sure about teaching the classes for The Ladder Alliance -- they are extremely disorganized. I will go by there on Tuesday some time; I need to get more information than I currently have. Hoping to get the first class behind me so I will feel more comfortable with it. I think in the future my time with TLA will be to volunteer a couple of evenings per week instead of this part-time which is almost full time with too much wear and tear on me and the car.

Ken put the cordless vacuum cleaner together for me today. Takes 16 hours for it to charge! So, had an excuse not to use it today. Hopefully will be able to get busy with it tomorrow. I am anxious to use it and the new steam mop to see if it's easier on me than swinging that mop and bucket. My back is just not going to allow me to do that any more.

Hugs to all, and to all a good night. I'm going to go watch TV without sound (that's how I watch in bed because Ken is asleep). Everybody have a wonderful Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.