Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Luci woke everybody up this morning! She was ready for the day to begin at 7 a.m. Gotta do better training with that little angel. But it was nice to piddle today - a great Saturday morning.

Great nephew Blake's second birthday party was this afternoon. Ken didn't go - he was afraid he would miss the ball game, I think. I went by myself and got to see lots of my brother's family. Didn't get to see him, he sleeps a lot. We try to be as positive about things as we can, but my brother does not have a lot longer to be here with us. He has kidney failure, lung failure, and heart failure. The doctor has told my sister-in-law that one day he just won't wake up. In the meantime, he continues to practice his bass guitar and take lessons.

When I first pulled into the driveway, Blake was standing outside with Poppy (my nephew) and Kim (nephew's wife). He came to the car and was laughing and playing and then started "scaring" me with his little 2 year old growls and hands held in claw position. That's because there are tarantula holes in the yard and his mom is afraid of them.

Blake had a great birthday party! Tons of stuff, of course, but he was just a delight about everything. He loved it all. And I loved it because I got to see great niece Lindsey and husband Chuck and their three girls, niece Peggy and her husband Mark, nephew's daughter C., Ryan's husband Joshua, and several others. It was a great way to spend a late Saturday afternoon.

I also got to talk to great niece C. about the gun she recently purchased -- I'm pretty envious, she bought a pink one. She told me there's another one there that's black with pink trim, so I may have to go check it out. Otherwise I'm going to find a Glock that's pink. I know adult ladies talking about guns sounds weird to some, but this is Texas; my family has been around guns always. My kids grew up with a 12 gauge shotgun kept under my bed where I could get to it if needed, so gun talk amounts to nothing in our family. Everybody hunts, and everybody has a license to pack a hand gun. Children are taught from birth to respect guns and how to use them. Mine were not, but that's an exception to most of the family. Before my girls were born, and when my son was young, there was a gun rack over the sofa in the living room, and pistols in the master closet. We didn't think much about it, but folks who came to the house would get a bit spooked (lol).

Other than that, tonight we went to "the corner" (Italian Cafe) for dinner.

It's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.