Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday, Monday, by the The Mamas and Papas

Stayed up and read a book, Heart of the Matter, by Emily Griffin. Was after 3 a.m. when I went to bed/sleep! But so what? I'm retired! I slept 'til 10:40 this a.m. -- which bothers no one except Ken, and why it bothers him I have no idea.

Went to do the dishes - discovered "someone" had put dirty dishes into the dishwasher with the clean ones I had already done. So, reran the load, so sink is filling up quickly with dishes to go into the machine.

Went into the master bathroom that I spent time cleaning last Friday only to find that "someone" had done something I directly and nicely asked not be done again and so the tub is dirty again. And this is the one I have to get into to clean. and I see a dirty clothes basket (had been in the garage in floor) had been brought in the bathroom to be placed in the tub to collect dirty towels. So of course tis basket is doing nothing but putting dirty on the side of the tub. I decided it wasn't my day for being domestic! So instead I worked in my office today getting things ready for FW ISD orientation on Friday.

Part of the FWISD package is the reference letters, so late this afternoon I drove out to Lockheed and met up with my former Engineering Chief to pick up a reference letter from him. He is like a brother to me, extremely special, so it was great to see him. But turned out to be "old home week" because as various ones were leaving work they spotted us and I got to say hello to a lot of favorite people!

As I was leaving Lockheed I sent Ken a message to meet me at Furr's. He called instead. He had been released from his job today. He went to work this morning - things have been going fine; Ken has been auditing books, getting software set up, financials in order, working with CPA. In the process he discovered that the boss' wife has been the one doing the "bookkeeping" but there were many mistakes. Ken and the CPA discovered things while getting the books in order and in trying to fix them had to ask the wife questions. But apparently the owner/boss and the wife got into a "discussion" about things and the wife gave an ultimatium - it was either Ken or her, make your choice. Of course it is a family owned business, so when it came time to leave today Ken was told not to come back. The CPA told Ken he had been trying to tell the owner the problem since last December.

Ken didn't need to be in that kind of stressful situation, but he's very down and hurt over it. Fellow said there was nothing he could do. So, here we go again.
Tomorrow's a brand new day.

In some ways I'm upset about Ken's job, in some ways I'm not. We never planned for him to work full time, so this is a blessing in disguise, I suppose. Good thing I didn't do what I was thinking of doing today -- I was thinking about calling The Ladder Alliance and telling the gal that this has become bigger than a bread basket and I don't think I want to do it. I initially applied to volunteer a couple of hours a couple of days a week, but now it is taking over my life. The last straw is the fact that they are setting up another Saturday meeting. I just do not want all my time taken up like that, and my weekends are out of the question.

However, Ken is going to have to find another job - doing something part time at least. He has bills to pay and I do not feel obligated to pay them out of my own life savings and/or my retirement income. I've supported him for 3 years while he's done nothing but stay home, play Farmville, and be "retired." But he knows that, so he'll be back at Texas Workforce tomorrow looking at jobs again. Sometimes life is disappointing.

I guess we'll be thankful for the $$ he was able to earn over the past 3 weeks -- it will help us get through 'til the next bit comes in!

We've been trying to find out about a condo in the Ridgmar area that's showing to be for sale on Craigslist.org. I've sent emails, and Ken has called and left a phone number. No response. Today in looking on Google for condos for sale in Fort Worth, I discovered one that is almost just like it, advertised for $67,000. The ad we looked at on CL says $35,000. The pictures for each are the same. SO, I sent an email to the realtor on the one for $67K asking, "What's up?" She sent an emal in return stating that she was out and about on business, but suspected the one on CL is a scam. She was going to check it out and get back with me, but never did.

Here we are, another Monday shot, our world jolted a little bit. Guess we'll get up and have another go at it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.