Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Been working on family history "stuff," trying to get everything put into my huge database. I keep thinking I'm going to get this finished but it will never be finished. At some point I am just going to have to declare it done.

In getting my Wright family lines entered into the database I flopped back and forth between the database and the research materials of some of my older cousins as well as census, birth, marriage, death, etc., records. And I also checked research of other family members. So, in doing all this I went to rootsweb.com to see if any new information had been entered. The discovery I made was painfully sad. Someone of the Mormon religion has done research on the family and has had baptisms of the dead performed! I came unglued. My grandparents, ggrandparents, ggrandparents, were of the Methodist-Episcopal church, and all but a few of the men in the family, including my grandfather, were ME ministers. And there are several men in our current generations who are Methodist, Baptist, and Nazarene ministers. To discover that someone has so totally dishonored our family by associating them in ANY manner with the Mormon religion (we consider them a cult) is offensive.

Unfortunately, from the contact information on the pages it was easy to track down who it is, and I was even more shocked. This person is the daughter-in-law of my cousin who is a Nazarene minister. I contacted the cousin, and he and his wonderful wife are as outraged as my other cousins and I are. This may seem small and insignificant to those who do not hold the same beliefs as our family, but to have anything published that in any way connects our family to the Mormons is a huge slap in the face to everything our family stood and stands for.

My cousin's wife encouraged me to send an email message to their DIL expressing my outrage and how I feel about it; and has suggested that the other family members do the same. They intend to talk with her when they see their son and DIL next week. Today, however, they are more concerned with the fact that their daughter is in the hospital with chest pains.

What else? Well, I have not gone to work. I have spoken with the founder of The Ladder Alliance and it appears that the training she was going to have me doing may be falling through. Not because she wants it that way, but because her contact with Texas Workforce has failed to return her calls or otherwise contact her. The original plan was that classes will start Monday, July 9. I was to be the instructor for The Ladder Alliance for the first classes to be held offsite for men, with classes being held at Texas Workforce. So, still in wait mode for that. In the meantime, I've started the application process to become a substitute teacher for the FWISD. I plan to go to the FWISD on Friday. I submitted paperwork online yesterday (application, resume, cover letter, transcripts), but a fellow job searcher called me yesterday and told me she did the same and then last Friday just went down there in person and was hired on the spot. So I'm going to see if I can do that as well.

Worked on taxes last night (we filed for extension). We've got that all done and signed off. I had planned to go get a copy made and get it mailed off. We'll see.

Granddaughter has a birthday coming up on the 8th. I need to get out and mail her card/check. I keep hoping this rift in the family will heal so that I can see my grandchildren, but apparently it is not going to. Oh, God, I miss them so much. In the meantime, they are still precious to me. This granddaughter will be celebrating special birthday number 13 this year. Growing up so fast.

Took blood sugar this morning first thing - 344!! I took my required 40 units of Levemir, then 12 units of humalog so I could eat breakfast. I was so sick from the high blood sugar - just makes me nauseated, confused, etc. I am about to go back to bed for a while, but will test my blood sugar again first. It has got to come down. This interferes with my plans for today, as I had planned to shower/dress/run errands. For the time being I've ruled that out.

8:30 P.M. Finally managed to shower/shampoo about 5 o'clock. Still very weak, but there was no way I could fix dinner. We went to Logan's Roadhouse instead. I had a great chopped steak topped with mushroom and onion gravy, sweet potato fries, salad. Yummy. Ken had their grilled meatloaf. He usually meatloaf no matter how it's made.

Hmm, news of the day...Anderson Cooper is gay. Well, who didn't know that?! Oh, and Andy Griffith died. That's sad. (Folks my age grew up with Mayberry RFD. Floyd, the barber on the Andy Griffith show, looked exactly like my granddaddy Kilgore. Always wondered if he was related.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.