Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4, 2010 Weekend

Great fun this weekend. DH and I belong to Frontier Sam's chapter of the Good Sam's Club (RV). This was chapter monthly camping weekend as well as July 4 celebration. DH took C's Castle to the RV park located about 45 minutes away from home, set it up and visited with fellow chapter friends while I worked on Friday. I caught up with him later. Cloudy skies, rained through the night, but still pleasant. Great fun - DH enjoys playing games in the clubhouse and even I played a couple of hands of the card game called Golf. I am easily bored by games, and Saturday was no exception. I found myself wishing I had brought along my crochet, quilting, piano keyboard or something to entertain myself. I usually do but intentionally didn't this time so that I would be in the clubhouse more. I have a tendency to hole up in the rig where I do my "thing" while DH socializes.

I had a great time visiting with friends, for Saturday night the hosts had brats and hamburgers and the rest of us furnished side dishes and desserts. We all ate way more than we should have!!! We always over indulge.

Saturday night DH and I cleaned up the coach, and packed everything we could in preparation for an early return home this morning. We needed to get home because we had a party with another super group of friends this afternoon! We got home by 8:45 this morning (including unloading the coach and taking it back to storage). We got caught up with email, facebook, made a trip to WalMart for hot dog and hamburger buns, and got read to head to the home of friends for the cook out/swim party. Like the RV group, these people know how to prepare food!! There is no way to lose weight or refrain from gaining weight - well, maybe there is, but the food makes it tough to do.

DH was in food heaven -- the cookout was hamburgers, hot dogs and brats. Wow, some of his favorite foods. Afterward the weather held and we got to play in the pool -- not too hot outside and the pool water was perfect temp.

Now its down time -- doggies and DH have gone to bed and here I am ... think I'm going to grab a diet coke, my anti-rejection drugs, a shot of insulin, and turn in for the night and maybe watch "What Not to Wear" episodes I've missed since Thursday!!! You all have a great night. I need to rest a bit in preparation for cleaning this monster house tomorrow -- we have a dinner party next Saturday and there's no way I'll let them in the door with the house looking the way it does right this minute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.