Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 15 - Hubby's Status Today

We thought DH would make it home from the hospital today, but doc decided he needed to stay one more day. Glucose is settling down (low) and he had to reject an insulin shot for dinner - no way could he take the ordered 12 units when his level was 77 and he was about to eat a diabetic diet (very few carbs). The will recheck later tonight.

He is off everything, dressed, tired, ready to come home. Still on antibiotic "just in case." All his normal meds have been restored so he is more like his "normal" self - and that's about as good as it gets. The two dogs, two cats, and I are ready for him to come home -- I'm worn out from the trips to the hospital, going to work, trips back to the hospital, etc. We're looking forward to the break of coming home before the next surgery.

So, now what do I do??? Hopefully I can get back to playing with my antique sewing machines. I hope to pick one of them up from the shop tomorrow. I was in the middle of completing a project for my daughter's birthday (July 1) when my life changed and took a different turn. I am so close to finishing that one - I really want to get it done and delivered. I have another project to start coming right on the heels of that one...a grandson has a birthday coming in September and I have a snuggle blanket waiting in the wings for him. I need to get it made and to him before he grows too old - he'll be 7 in September. He is the cutest thing...just a sweetheart. Of course, all of them are, he's just the next one in the birthday line!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping and praying that Ken is released tomorrow to come home, and that you both have a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.