Friday, July 16, 2010

July 16, 2010 - We're Home

Phone rang before alarm went off...DH says doc said he could be discharged after rounds. I told him it would be later - I had to go to work first. Finished what I had to do for work about 10:15, called hospital and told hubby to have them meet me at valet parking...I didn't want to park in the garage, get the scooter out and put it together, go over to the hospital, make a trip back to the car, take scooter apart, reload the scooter, get out of the parking garage and then find a place to pick up hubby. To my amazement, they did it. Staff and hubby were waiting for me at valet at the arranged time of 10:45. We got home, hubby got pump hooked back up, I fed him, he took meds, crashed in bed with 2 dogs and 2 cats. I went back to work (from home).

At the end of the day I checked on him, he was still knocked out from the drugs, so I ran to the sewing center and picked up my Singer 645. I can hardly wait to try it out...I'm going to hook it up tonight to see if it runs/sews like I need it to, and then tomorrow I'm going to start working on daughter's project again. It was supposed to be for her birthday - maybe she'll get it for Christmas?

Hubby woke up before dinner (I woke him up checking on him). A little bit later I heard a crash in the kitchen. I thought he had pulled out the ice maker tray and spilled it all over the place. Turns out it wasn't the ice maker tray - it was him. He lost his balance and fell on the tile floor. I hope to high heaven he hasn't done any damage to his neck/back. Can you say here we go again?

Looks like things are kinda back to normal - its the weekend! Next week will be a tough one for work...I'll be teaching a 2-day class to folks out of state (via video teleconferencing), which means strange work hours for me. I'm always tired after those events. But its a short work week.

Looking forward to some day being able to sing the following song - to the tune of "There's a Song in the Air."

"There's a smile on my face,
tho' mem'ries I embrace;
There's a song in my heart,
tho' from you I must part.

"For I've worked all my life,
Seems forever and more;
But thank God its over,
and I'll toil no more."

That's by me, a little jingle thought out today as I was thinking this morning on the way to the office about the fact that I am worn out from burning the candle from both ends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.