Sunday, July 11, 2010

July 11, 2010 - The Weekend

DH and I belong to a social organization called After 5.0 Connections. DH and I scheduled ourselves as host/hostess for a Saturday nite dinner for the gang and volunteered to make homemade lasagna and spaghetti. It was a great excuse to clean up the joint and get some long-needed work done around here. We were terrified that no one would come to our place, but we were so pleasantly surprised when we had a super turnout! Everyone brought goodies to share, and thankfully the chicken as well as the beef lasagnas turned out ok.

Anyway, it was fun to have everybody here - they've not been here before - because I think of our house as being small and not large enough to entertain folks. But, we managed and we'll do this again, not only with 5.0 but we'll start inviting others over as well.

Sunday morning we went to Sunday School. We have been gone the past few weekends, but today we got to attend our friend Tonya's last series presentation on Revelation. Lot of food for thought and now inspired to re-read the entire book.

I was supposed to attend a quilting bee today, and I actually got my act together to go but realized by the time I got there it would be about time to come home. So instead I crashed for a couple of hours. I did do some real work for my job for a while and completed some things I needed to complete tomorrow. Other than that, I haven't done anything worthwhile the rest of the day. Kinda resting up for the events of this next week.

I will work from home tomorrow morning for a while, but we will leave for the hospital at about 11:30. Ken has neuro surgery tomorrow afternoon and we have to check into the hospital by 1. He likes to get there early in case there are any surprises. The surgery is going to be an undo of what they did last fall - that surgery made things worse rather than better. He will be in the horrible neck apparatus for some time afterward and a decision will be made whether or not to go back to surgery, going through the front of the neck to stabilize the back. I am dreading this for him. It sure puts a damper on the summer for us and probably the fall as well. I'll try to keep up the postings on here to let everyone know what's going on with him. All prayers appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.