Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Did my civic duty today...voted for Republicans. Hope and pray come November we can get the current mess out of office. America has gone to HHHH in a handbasket in the last 4 years. I'm certainly going to do everything in MY power to get that man out!!

So, what else happened today? Not much for me, but this was a big day for K. He had his usual Tuesday morning appointment with his therapy group, ate lunch while he was out, and then went to an employment agency in Hurst - they had contacted him last week. He figured it was a wild goose chase. As it turns out, however, it appears Ken may be going to work! We're not announcing it as true, because we're waiting for the final say so. The agency is one of those temporary places that puts folks out on a "temp to hire" contract. If he actually does get this placement, it will start in mid June. It's located in Arlington, which scares me for him to drive that every day. But something has to give...the finances can't stand the strain much longer.

So, since they are apparently able to find K. a job, I may contact them about finding something for me. I'm not interested in a career - I'll be happy to just do office work. Whatever. We're not looking for the big bucks or benefits, just fun money.

We celebrated by going "to the corner" for dinner - our neighborhood Italian Cafe. Not fancy, but cheap.

Other than that, not much happening. I sent out a couple of resumes, but that's it.

Goodnight - take care. May the good Lord watch over all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.