Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welcome, May! I love May - so unpredictable, sometimes stormy, sometimes slow rain, sometimes hot but not too hot. Today is beautiful. I'm going to try to get out of the house to make my way to Wally World to pick up a last skein of black yarn to finish up the afghan for grand niece Katie Jo. It's really looking pretty if I do say so myself. I don't drive much any more, so will need to see if Ken will take me. I'll post a picture when I'm finished.

Nothing much been happening. My glucose level is raging at or near 400, haven't been able to get it down. Makes me really SICK...wobbly, fainty. I've taken 35 units of Levemir this morning, along with 15 units of Humalog. Am going to go take more Humalog so I can eat some lunch. Am so tired of this "see saw" I'm on with glucose. Wish I had received a new pancreas transplant when I received the kidney. Trying not to eat anything but the barest of food until this levels out. Overdid things on the trip to San Antonio and the hill country, but have been watching everything since we got home.

Good news of the day! Niece Ryan has learned she is pregnant! That's after two early miscarriages this year, and after being told by docs that she can't get pregnant without fertility assistance because of blocked tubes!!! Caution, caution, caution, but hopefully this one will not be a "chemical" pregnancy as the last one was, and that this one will be viable. She has one child who is 2, so it was quite a shock to be told she couldn't have children. This is exciting.

OUCH! We've received a call from Camping World regarding the "fixes" on Casten's Castle. $535.08!!! That covers the work done on the connection for city water hook up and the water issue in the kitchen area which required a new faucet and water lines. They were unable to fix the slide - told Ken it needs to be taken to an Allegro Bay dealer for that. Ken called Vogt RV and was told they can do it but we will have to leave the coach with them for 2-3 weeks because they are so far behind...we have to get it in line for repairs. We're lucky they can do it at all since coach is 14 years old. Most places won't work on a coach that old. We're probably going to have to take out a title loan on the dang thing in order to pay for the repairs. I hope not!! I'll check the tree out back to see if there's any money sprouting.

9:00 P.M. Didn't make it to Walmart...feel dizzy with this pendulum swinging glucose. Ken went instead and picked up a few food items as well as the yarn. Fortunately he did not come unglued about going by himself. He also took care of some other things I wasn't able to do today -- making some calls, taking care of some business, etc. Thankfully he also dropped off a watch for me at the repair shop. All-in-all it was a "calm" day - which was really nice, but doesn't change things -- days like this are just interludes between the insane days.

That's it -- no exciting things going on. 'bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.