Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I made it to the workshop on Monday - Ken didn't go, he stayed home to wait for the microwave repairman. Before I left I suggested he call to confirm the appointment since the idiot we had chatted online with so apparently didn't have a clue what he was doing. I got a text at the workshop telling me that sure enough the joker had screwed up and schedule it for Wednesday of this week, which was exactly the day we told him we couldn't do it!!!

As it turns out, it was ok. Ken needed to heat up his lunch so he plugged the thing back in, it was still humming, but he put his lunch in anyway and set the timer. It ran thru the timed cycle and shut off - completely! He tested it a few more times before he called and canceled the appointment. Good thing - we honestly didn't have the funds to pay for the service call and the repair.

SO, workshop turned out ok. Juan (counselor) wants me to teach some basic computer skills classes (he's wanting me to get networked with folks at the area colleges and teach there). I meet with him tomorrow to go over a PowerPoint presentation he has already that I can use as an intro course or tweak to fit the needs. Other than that I've been busy, busy, busy, getting resumes developed in preparation for critique this coming Friday. Juan says I have to have a separate resume for each area of expertise - the software engineer field, learning and development, administrative/secretarial, engineering cost accounting, and he even wants me to do resumes on music/piano and quilting/sewing machines!!!

Ken started a special workshop this morning - it meets for 3 days for 4 hours per day. They are preparing the attendees to meet with employers on Monday, June 4. It is pretty intense. He's also working on completing continued ed class in MSWord. He starts the keyboarding class at UTA the first week in June.

SO, what's really been happening? Our cocker spaniel, Maggie, had a place between her shoulder blades on her back to erupt a week or so ago. I cleaned it, been watching it. I noticed on Monday when I started checking it that the hair and hide were sloughing off. The more I checked it, the more hide and hair were coming off. This is the spot where we had put the Biospot brand flea treatment the first of the month! I started checking that poor baby, and it began to look as though I was about to pull all her hide off her back. I called the vet early this morning and got her in at 9 a.m. The picture to the right is how her back looked when I took her in.

The vet took one look at her; he was not a happy camper. He says that stuff needs to be taken off the shelves at the pet stores, that she is not the first. Then he remembered that our little Maltese had a horrible reaction, basically a seizure, almost died that night, etc. I didn't get to bring Maggie home with me. He kept her for the afternoon and they gave her a medicated bath to remove the rest of the necrotic layers and to do cultures on her. We got to pick her up about 3 this afternoon. The picture on the left is how her back looked wen we picked her up. This destruction is about a 4" x 6" rectangle. Needless to say, I am PISSED OFF about this. I plan to contact the Biospot manufacturer as well as Petsmart about this. This should not be allowed.

We treated ourselves to lunch at Real today; it's been a while since we've had Mexican food. It was a treat. Our anniversary is Friday - we don't have any money to speak of so can't do anything fancy, but we'll probably go to a little Italian place we frequent and take the special bottle of wine that we had labeled down in Fredericksburg. This year we will have been married 10 years. I marvel at that! It's the longest time I've spent with anyone other than my children and the people of my former employment!!

Later, have a great Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.