Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday, May 21, 2012


Love the little picture and saying! Look at the eyebrows.


This morning I truly needed something to cheer me up! About 12:30 (middle of the night) I was starving. We had eaten at 2 p.m. so it was ok to be hungry. I heated up a bit of the chicken and rice casserole we had taken to the Poly gathering, and the microwave heated fine. But when I stopped the microwave it continued to run. I opened, closed, opened, closed, pushed off button, over and over. Didn't help. Ken was up0 at 4 and he went thru the same things plus he unplugged it from the outlet in the upper cabinet. Didn't help any.

We called Sears (purchased from Sears in 2010) and were referred to a web site to chat with the service people. OMG, went thru stupid stuff trying to get help with the microwave...had to go thru all the sales pitch regarding purchasing a service contract, etc., etc. Service contract is $281+. No, we are not interested in a service contract. Ok, to get a tech out will be $75 charge plus repair. Ok, how do we get a service tech to come out? We finally arranged to have tech out this afternoon between 1:00 and 5:00 - which means Ken will not be able to go to the workshop today because he will be waiting for the repairman. No way am I going to be here by myself when some repairman comes. So I'm going to the workshop - Ken will stay home.

Also, we got a division order from Chesapeake Operating, Inc. about payment for our share of royalties on the oil and gas ewell drilled in our area. I'm supposed to sign it exactly as my name is typed on the paperwork - but there's a small problem...they've given me a different middle initial. Instead of Dorthy L. Casten they've decided I'm now Dorthy C. Casten. I called this morning and was told to sign it with my normal signature because their records have it correct as "L." Now the other problem with it is that it requires a witness to my signature. Ken is PO'd because I told him he can't be the witness - that's unacceptable legally. So I'm going to have to take it to my niece to have her sign it for me (she's a notary). Just when in the HHHH am I going to have the time to do that????? I have no clue, but it will get done. (K. is also driving me crazy because he wants to know how much we are going to get! I don't know, I didn't ask, because I know it won't be much - probably a dollar. The royalties are split between a jillion people in the neighborhood and our properties are just not that big so our mineral rights are just not that big. Certainly NOT going to be enough to forego job searching!)

Anyway, that's about it for now. Have to go clean up den and kitchen because repairman is coming and there's no way I want him in there the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.