Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday, May 11, 2012

A beautiful song to bring comfort and peace: This Is To Mother You by Sinead O'Connor.

Yummy! Fresh macadamia nut cookies, fresh, hot, straight out of the oven!!! Bought these really neat packages of cookie dough on sale earlier this week so tonight decided to treat us by making a package. These are so easy! The cookie dough is in a square that is cut into 12 smaller squares. Just place the small squares onto ungreased cookie sheet, pop in a 350 degree oven for 14-17 minutes until slightly browned, take out, cool for a couple of minutes, and kick back with great fresh cookies! Amazing how they come out to be round cookies from those squares!

So, what's been happening. Seems I failed to mention we went to the Fort Worth Volks Folks meeting on Tuesday night. Meeting was ok, people are nice. And the BBQ at Spring Creek is always good. After the meeting we got to see the different VWs folks had driven to the meeting. Neat to see the camping buses and different models of bugs, and some of the things like the VW Thang, Rabbit, Square back, etc. Makes us wish we had an older Beetle to go with our 2007 version. But, not right now! Got to get bills paid off!!!

Let's see, yesterday was Thursday. We were going to go to a workshop but decided we needed to spend the day working on training, brushing up on things like Excel, Word, PowerPoint. I've now worked thru the second unit of Excel, submitted it for review with questions, got it back, corrected/completed it, and it has now been resubmitted. I think Ken has made it through the tutorials of Word and is now ready to start the actual training modules for credit.

We've been working on our resumes, trying to get them in the shape wanted by Texas Workforce Commission. We wonder about that since every online job we've submitted to wants them in chronological format rather than functional!!! But, we're trying to comply. I keep getting emails from recruiters for what seem to be great jobs, but they are located a million miles away from Fort Worth -- and I'm not going! I thought I wanted a simple job - secretarial or receptionist, but the more I started looking at my resume and the job market, the more I want to go back to doing something similar to what I was doing before. Maybe part time, maybe not with so much responsibility. We'll see. I've been looking for a engineering contractor firm but can't find them online.

Yesterday we picked up flea med from the vet for Luci. She cannot use Frontline and definitely never again the BioSpot that we had put on her! So the vet's office gave us Advantage and because of her sensitivity it is in an extremely controlled amount for her less than 6 lb size. She got bathed with Dawn dishwashing liquid yesterday and allowed to air dry (I brushed her) completely before the med was used.

Today we needed a break from the job hunting adventure and resume writing and workshops. We decided to take a break. Ken met up with his buddies for lunch, and I went to a Blanketeer Project Day, meeting up with fellow members at Holy Redeemer Catholic Church. I'm so glad I did - I needed the break. I got home about 4, saw a job opportunity email about a position in Houston so I applied for it. Also applied for a position in learning and development for a local company. I would really like to be considered for that one.

We went to Fuzzy Taco for dinner, each had a margarita -- mine on the rocks, Ken's frozen. I had a shrimp taco (ok, but not a favorite), and I made the mistake of ordering a burrito. Yucko...Ken finished it for me. I would much rather have good ol' plain tacos from Taco Bell or else my homemade variety!!!

Oh, yeah! I was surprised today by a delivery of a gorgeous floral arrangement - from son, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter. Yellow roses and fillers in a beautiful old-fashioned style jug pitcher. I cried. I miss my three children and their families so very much, and I am always so touched if they remember me at all. My son has always seen to it that I am not forgotten, and I am so thankful for that. It's usually just a card, but it doesn't matter what it is, it's the thought and the fact that someone cares enough to remember.

So, that's about it. There's a breakfast in the morning with the bug folks, but I doubt we go -- I don't attend things that happen at 9 a.m.!!

So goodnight with a song in remembrance of mothers. My Mother's Faith We are going to "visit" my mother this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.