Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Made it out of the house today...first time since March 20. Went to Dr. S. with K. Nothing done to stop the screaming back pain. K has to have another MRI.

After K's doc appointment, we went to Mexican Inn for lunch. Friend Gwen came in shortly afterward. Was so good to see her. Then shortly afterward friend Lindy and his daughter Kate came in (check out http://www.adlerandhearne.com/?section=bio). Good to see them, too, since Kate had a horrible wreck out on 820 east yesterday right in the time of the horrible weather. Totaled her car, but she walked away. Had to go for x-rays today, but so far so good. Thank goodness!

Next stop for us was Luck Optical. I am quite obsessed with my eye glasses because for a few years my sight was so bad I couldn't get a prescription. Thanks to Dr. Matthews my eyes are improved to the point I can have glasses. Good thing, because last year was time to renew my driver's license...I failed the eye test. So between Dr. Matthews and the doc at Luck they came up with glasses for me! I went back and passed the test. Anyway, the right lens kept popping out of my frame...the Luck tech fixed that in less than 30 minutes.

Next stop was the lobby of Luck where we borrowed seating while we made a call to my kidney transplant doc's office. I spilled the beans about being so very sick and I got my hand slapped a bit about not having contacted before today since I've been ill since March 20. She told me she would talk to the doc and call me back before closing today.

On to Garden Ridge. I was looking for two quilts that are alike that I can use to make cushion and arm covers for our sofa and love seat. I have to protect them from the fur children. We found a couple, but I'm not completely happy with them, so we'll look again when I'm feeling a bit better. But while there Dr. F's nurse called back...said she was calling in two prescriptions. We picked those up on the way home.

So, about 6:30 we left the house again to go to Palio's Pizza where we each got a personal pizza...mine was the Hawaiian Surprise except I added chicken. Have no idea what Ken got except he added jalapinos to it!

And that's about it for now...my evening will be filled with shuffling through the stack of bills and spending the rest of the monthly retirement check to pay them. Grrrr!!!

Oh, I got a lead on a job today...I'm going to check it out. It won't be much, but will give me a little bit of income (spare change for the sewing hobby), and get me out of the house.

Take care, God bless everyone, be safe, and much love to my children and grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.