Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday, April 2, 2012

GUN SHOTS IN THE HOOD!



Dang! I was sitting here playing on my blog site and FB when I heard bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang!!! At close range!! Ken had gone to bed, so had the dogs except Luci. I turned out the lights, then Luci and I tiptoed to the front window in DH's office. I saw Mitch across the street come out with a flashlight and cross to my next door neighbor's house. My next door neighbor is a police officer, and has a police car in the driveway.

Luci and I went to the window in the front bedroom to see what was happening and saw Mitch and the neighbor walking up and down the street point to things with a flashlight but not touching anything. Then cop cars started showing up.

Seems the Police Officer's son, Trey (about 22 years old, former Army, now works at Home Depot) had been coming home from work. Right there in front of his house they shot at him! They hit his car, shot out a tire, about 8 or 9 shell casings were found up and down the street. Thank God he's ok! Some of those casings are in our driveway and our yard...I said it was close range! Trey says the only thing he can think of is that they thought he was following them - and all he was doing was coming home! It was a 4-door black pick up.

Scary! What a horrible ending to a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.