Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Should have been a typical, boring day. BUT, wasn't.

Ken has been screaming in pain for two weeks. He's had MRI, CT scan, been on high-powered pain meds and steroids. He has had no rest, no sleep, this entire time, and last night was the worst. He has cried throughout this time because the pain is so overwhelming. His doc has been out of town for the past week and the on-call doc would not see him. Today Ken begged to go to the hospital, but then...

Horrible stormy weather hit our area, tornado warnings, etc. We turned on the tv to see the weather. OMG, unbelievable. We were fortunate, we thought.

After all was said and done I was going to shower and then take Ken to hospital - even though I have been sick with what I suspect is pneumonia for two weeks (can't go to hospital to find out, because have to be able to see about Ken). Ken was apparently going to go somewhere because he went out to the garage and the garage door would not open! He put the opener in manual mode, but we couldn't get the door open. Apparently something is broken. Ken called a couple of overhead door companies, but they wanted over $200 to come out to fix it. We don't have it. This is one of those things I kept warning K. about last year when I was preparing to retire -- "Get prepared, times are going to be tough, because I will not have money." Told him then that he needed to find a job, go back to work, not depend on me.

With the overhead door companies still on the phone he is telling me we HAVE to get this fixed. And I'm yelling at him that there is NO money to pay to have it fixed! After all, he decided LAST week that the A/C had to be serviced and he wrote a check for over $400 for that to come out of my retirement check that hit on the first. He was still insistent that we had to have them come out...I told him if he could SHHHHTTTT the money, then ok, but that I couldn't!!!

When the man across the street came home from work, Ken got him to come over to help him get the door open so he could get the cars out. Ken brought this man thru this nasty, stinking, house that hasn't been cleaned in two weeks. I was very upset about that. Oh, well, there's nothing I can do about it.

The cars are out of the garage, at least we can get to the doc/hospital. Of course we never go in/out the front door so I have no idea if we have a key for it!! It will be a couple of weeks before we can get the garage door fixed. The sad thing is, my son-in-law does garage door work, but my daughter did not even answer the text message I sent her.

Just another day in the life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.