Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday, April 23, 2012

My Oath to You: When you are sad.....I will dry your tears.
When you are scared.....I will comfort your fears.
When you are worried.......I will give you hope.
When you are confused......I will help you cope.
And when you are lost...and can't see the light,
I shall be your beacon...shining ever so bright.
This is my oath.....I pledge till the end.
Why you may ask?....Because you're my friend.
Signed: GOD

Isn't the above wonderful? A great reminder.

Mondays are Brutal!

So, Monday, Monday, can't trust that day. I thought after driving home yesterday surely the household would stay asleep this morning. Ken had such a hard time the night before we started home - he was awake tossing and turning, getting up and down, making all kinds of racket thru the night. But lo and behold, no, he was up before the butt crack of dawn this morning making noise throughout the house, coming in and out of the bedroom, bathroom, doing heaven knows what. Have no idea why he was getting dressed for the day -- there's nothing to do and nowhere to go that time of day. Of course the dogs wanted up - especially Luci. She was all over me, wanting down, wanting Daddy to get her and he wasn't. I finally got him to come get her. He had been up an hour or so by then. I looked at the clock - it was 6:10 a.m.!!

Bennie Jo and I finally got everybody out of the bedroom and then we went back to sleep; slept until 9:30. Ken had an appointment and then took the Beetle to the shop at Carmax to get the passenger seat adjusted - the back of the seat was refusing to lean forward over the seat when the release strap was pulled. This is the second time he has had the car in for this. This time he made them sit in it and then try it...sure enough it didn't work. They sprayed some kind of lubricant in it and said if it does it again they'll send him to the VW place to have it looked at - on their nickel.

A lazy day more or less. At least until our doc appointment at 2 -- that would be Dr. Malofsky, the foot doc. In addition to nail trim, etc., I had a bit of surgery on my big toe due to an injury that went bad. Had to cut out all the bad tissue. Ken had just about the same thing done because he had two ulcerated toes due to the straps of a pair of his old sandals. I got to show off my new ortho shoes (I noticed Ken wore his doc prescribed New Balance tennis shoes!). Other than that, we went to Taco Bell for a couple of tacos and a soft drink, came home, and taking it easy today. Nothing earth shattering. Tomorrow I work on bills and taxes (Ken will be gone in the morning), and start on the laundry I did not do today and unpacking suitcases/bags. Right now they are just thrown all over the bedroom.

Oh, we did take the doggie babies outside to the front and for a very short walk yp the street a few houses. We are going to work on this until I and Bennie can walk around the block. Luci kept begging to be picked up, but she needs to walk, too.

Gotta run -- I'm going to make Ken take me to the Italian Cafe on the corner for dinner -- it's cheap. We can both eat there for less than $20.

Take care, hugs, God bless

"My inability to understand how God will answer my prayer shall not deter my faith believing He will answer."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.