Sunday, April 15, 2012

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday at Home

Due to the drought last year we lost our two huge evergreen trees (cedar?). They've been standing by the back porch posts dead and awful looking ever since. We had someone come give us a quote on taking them out but it was going to be very expensive. So, we left them. This morning I told DH I was going out to work on taking them down. He said I wouldn't be able to do it. I told him even if I could only take down 3 branches a day I would eventually get it done. I pulled up a lawn chair to the first tree and started on it. Naturally as soon as I started working on the first one he came to help. While I was using the loppers and pruners to cut the bottom branches he was picking up the cuttings and putting them in the paper bags to put out for the brush truck.

DH had to go to Ace to get more bags and I kept working on the first tree. When he got back it was almost done so he finished the tallest branch. We now have the first tree down almost all the way but what is left is the big round thick trunk branches and we can't get those with the loppers. We need a power saw and we don't own one. We'll have to rent one after we get the second tree down.

After a shower and shampoo I headed for a deserved time at the nail salon. I had a gift certificate DH had given me for my birthday. Got the nails done "American style" tips; couldn't get a pedicure because have boo boo on right toe. Maybe next week (takes a long time for boo boos on me to heal).

Next went to Supercuts and got the neatest hair cut. Love it. Reminds me of my mother's short cut. I've been letting my hair grow out since last summer, wanting it to get all one length. It's almost there but the hair that was so short over my ears is taking forever to grow out! But the cut today is almost exactly what I want. So, I have bangs, hair that is almost all one length at the ears, with undercut in the back so it doesn't stick out. Easy to take care of. Now will let it grow for a couple of months (except bangs) before cutting again. After that all layers will be off and will just let it grow. Now I have to color it.

When I got back from my "spa" time, DH had just about cut down all of the second tree! Wow, we've gone from "it can't be done," to "it's almost completely done." We have lots more yard work to do. Neither of us have been able to do the work for the past couple of years. Now we can do it - just have to move slowly. Next thing we have to do is get the dadgum fence replaced and new gates. This time around we may not put gates on both sides, but they sure have come in handy. Or, we may put up a different type of gate. Unfortunately chain link is not allowed in our neighborhood.

Date Night

We went to Logan's for dinner (I had yummy chopped sirloin), and then went to Barnes and Noble for a Starbuck's coffee and a quick look at a few books. Bought nothing; came home.

Miscellaneous

Hope to go to church tomorrow. Problem is getting up in time...traditional at Oakgrove Baptist starts at 8:30 a.m. Haven't been anywhere at that time of day in a VERY long time. If we miss that one, we'll go to the one at 10:30.

Good night, hope your day has been wonderful. Thank you, Lord, for a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.