Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Feel Bad Feels Bad


Beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to recover. Feels like an elephant sitting on my upper chest; still struggling for air; still having major coughing spells and feel like I'm going to pass out. Having other issues as well. In 2005 I was diagnosed with some kind of something - can't remember what it was called -- thought it was MS first, but didn't prove to be. Anyway, affects my feet,legs and hips. Sometimes I feel like someone is driving long spikes through my heels up in to my legs; and sometimes my legs and hips (and feet) just HURT. I go to bed crying with them, and sometimes during the day I just have to go lie down for a while. I'm sure old age and inactivity are contributors.

Shopping


Ken and I are not folks who like to go shopping...we do not find it entertaining at all. So, in order to deal with the necessity of personal shopping we put $$ into the budget and go twice a year...late spring and late fall. By the time we go it is definitely time to replace undies, etc.

I had to go back to bed this morning to relieve the pain in my legs and feet, but I had asked Ken not to let me sleep all day because today we needed to go shopping. We went to Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall. To avoid all the nasty construction and congested traffic that is always a problem going 121, 114, etc., we went 26 thru Colleyville to Grapevine. Was a fairly pleasant way to go, except Ken did his usual freaking out because he didn't believe 26 went to Grapevine! Ken gets lost in a circle and is not adventurous at all, so he just goes bananas in this type of situation. This is why I usually drive, but I did not feel like it today.

We took our mobility scooters as there is no way we can do the malls without them.

No point in paying much $$ for clothes - we need very few dress clothes. So, first stop was Dressbarn. Oh, beautiful dresses. Fell in love more than once! BUT, didn't buy one (wear to Walmart???). Instead I found what I wanted - a pair of nice pajamas on clearance rack for 60% additional off. Scored nice PJs for $12.99 plus tax. Next stop was JCPenney outlet store - found a couple of tank shirts for $3.99 each, and some nice v-neck t-shirts for me for $4.99 and $6.99 each. Got a nice Liz Claiborne swim suit for $19.99! I didn't find any pants/shorts for me, but didn't expect to. We did find some shirts for Ken for $5.99 each and nothing more than $7.99. He also found a couple of pairs of cargo shorts for very little. Luv bargains!

Next we hunted shoes. All of my shoes are special order ortho shoes, but we needed to find new sandals for Ken. He has been wearing the same pair of Clark's sandals since about 2006 or so. They are old, nasty, rotten (not to mention the fact that Luci has chewed on them). We went into lots of stores, but finally in Off Broadway found a pair of Rockport sandals for him that are really nice looking for very little $$. Dr. Brill told him to choose Rockport or Clarks. Next we looked for replacement for his Payless sandals. He found a pair of Teva tennis shoe type sandals that he says are very comfortable. That about shot his budget!

Other than a cookie, we didn't spend any $$ on food at the mall, and didn't go in and out of all the stores - stopping instead at stores carrying items on our list. We've learned to be penney conscious since we're trying to get completely out of debt and are now living on restricted income.

Next thing we did was head to VF (Vanity Fair). I like this store because I can get jeans for me for next to nothing. Today I was looking for shorts. I found the "denim" pull-on shorts for $10.99 each pair so bought one in navy, light denim, white, and dark denim. They will last me forever - the last time I bought shorts was 10 years ago or longer and I'm still wearing some of those.

We stopped at Lane Bryant -- dadgum, they are no longer carrying the bras I wear! I found one that I hope works - it was 50% off. Then we went next door to the Hanes store...got a pkg of undies for Ken...now to clean out all the old stained ones! Still have to make it to Walmart to pick up the ones I wear by JMS.

Then headed back to the car - stopped in Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought a lint lizard. Need to get that used tomorrow. We have so many critters that the hair in this place that ends up in the washer and dryer is unbelievable.

We meant to return via 26 as well but somehow missed a turn from the mall. Ken stopped at an Auto Zone store to ask directions and the young fellow told him how to get to 26. It was a misunderstanding, because instead of taking us back the route we came, it took us to the horrible freeway mess with all the traffic congestion, stops, construction, etc. I was freaking out this time because I am terrified in all of that. In the last couple of years traffic just scares me to death. Yep, I'm old.

Dinner with Poly Peeps


By the time we got back to west Fort Worth and met up with Poly peeps at Mexican Inn for group dinner, I was a nervous wreck. I know my blood pressure had to have been 300+. I ordered a margarita on the rocks, Ken ordered one frozen. Drinks are rare for us! I had one tamale, on enchilada, no rice, no beans. And 2 bowls of chips and salsa!!! Have no idea what Ken had!

Dinner with the Poly peeps are always wonderful. Love them all. Missed all of those who were unable to make it.

Miscellaneous



Kids (Tamara and Jason) are coming next week to take care of the babies while we go on a short trip. I'm worried about leaving Luci...she doesn't know how to get by without Mommie at night. Neither does Bennie. Tamara is about the only one I will leave them with. I wish I didn't have to leave them, but the trip will be easier if they stay home since we are not taking the motorhome.

Oh, I'm now signed up with an agency for work. I've started receiving job offers and will be working those...hopefully will find something I enjoy...one is in electronics. We'll see. I really do not want to work full time. I'm also going to start putting in applications at local places like Walmart, Albertson's, Dollar Tree, whatever. Ken is also signed up with the same agency so we'll see how that works out. I think he also has something lined up with a store. We just need to bring in spending $$ because we are trying to allocate all income to setting ourselves free of debt!

Guess that's about it...now going to go take heavy dose of meds and try to sleep. Luci is begging to go to bed. (She's not allowed to go to bed when Daddy does because she is prone to accidents. Ken takes her outside at one o'clock in the morning and then she climbs in the bed and into her bed and sleeps until we wake her up about 8 a.m.

Take care - love to all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.