Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Wow!  I thought today would be easy!  NOT!

Needed to go to Wally World for some last-minute things.  Intended to take money from savings account via ATM but only after I gathered up everything so I would know how much I needed.  Got through gathering very quickly - only had some last-minute things to grab.  Calculated what I had and went to the ATM machine -- sign says, "This ATM is not working."  Dang!  Now I had a choice - I could have used the $$ in my checking account and then figure out how to get the $$ out of savings to put back but that would mean a trip to Arlington - and CU is not open tomorrow.  Or, I could call the house to see if Ken had suggestions - and he did!  Since I was at the store close to home he put on shoes, went by the nearby bank, and brought the $$ to me.

To explain WHY all this ridiculous maneuvering was necessary, stupid me never electronically transfers $$ from the savings account...only TO it.  So, as I've been shopping I've been going home and transferring money from savings to checking to cover purchases.  I had NO idea only 6 transfers per month are allowed!  But apparently there is some government regulations regarding that kind of stuff.  So, I had maxed out my 6 allowable transfers.  I learned that when I went to transfer funds yesterday.  BUT the same stupid rules allow a person to withdraw from the account.   Just makes it more complicated to do things.

Anyway, got that business done and made the purchases -- actually got finished in relatively short time.  Went by Dollar Tree to get gift boxes -- had none.  So, I made a decision and got gift bags.  They will have to do...at this point I no longer care.  (lol)

Next I took off down the road to Hulen Mall so I could return some things to Macy's...things I had bought myself and then had buyer's remorse and took them back...I don't need them and I used equal amount of funds on purchases for others.  Amazingly I finished at Macy's very quickly and was on my way again.  I headed to Albertson's and got a few things to tide us over until the day after Christmas...the one thing I cannot do without is Zero Coke - I'm addicted.  I also bought some ham steaks for us for Christmas evening, and supplies to make a hashbrown casserole for breakfast Christmas morning.  For Christmas Eve I will put on a crockpot of stew.  We will go to church Christmas Eve night and then spend Christmas Day at my nieces.  The family has decided to keep the meal simple this year -- finger foods.  So I'm making some cream cheese/rotel roll ups, cookies, and some candy.  That's about it.

Tonight we are delivering to my husband's family...we don't look forward to it.  We try not to go in, preferring just to drop off and leave.  Hopefully we can get by with that tonight.

I dread the next two days.  Only the lonely understand what I mean.  There's absolutely nothing like having to live through holiday after holiday without family while watching the rest of the world laughing, playing together, celebrating.  Each year I pray only to get Christmas Eve and Christmas Day behind me so that once again I can pretend that everything is ok.  Last year I didn't bother to get out of bed - there was no reason to.  This year I pray for the strength to have a better day.

Other than that - Merry Christmas Eve Eve!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.