Monday, December 24, 2012

Monday, December 24, 2012

Good day.  Started off good - we loaded Ken's Beetle with Christmas gifts to deliver to my daughters and grandchildren.  Managed to make contact and drove to the home of one daughter and dropped off the gifts (daughters are next door neighbors).  It was nice to see the daughtger and her children.  We stayed about 30 minutes - we never stay long.  On the way home we stopped at Mexican Inn (I had not had breakfast or lunch), a decision I later regretted but it was great eating.  We took home some of their salsa, guacamole and pico to use to make pinwheels (tortillia roll ups) for Christmas gathering at my niece's house tomorrow.

Ken dropped me off at home then ran the store errands - I'm making rum balls for tomorrow as well and we were out of rum.  But, he also had to go to the grocery store because no matter how many dang times we go to the store we are always out of something.

We made some stuff for the roll ups that is very good but leaves an afterburn!  Whoo!  They are really good.  But, for the faint of heart we also made some "mild" ones.

I put on the Christmas Eve stew this morning, so that has made the house smell great all day - driving the dogs crazy.  I haven't had any of it - afraid to eat.

This evening we stopped everything and went downtown to First United Methodist - I've been a member there since 1975 and Ken has been since 2002.  The service was beautiful as always and very uplifting.  I'm so glad we went.  (We married in the courtyard garden in 2002.)

Now Ken has gone to bed and I've got to get the breakfast casserole ready to put in the oven first thing in the morning.  It's going to be a good Christmas.  (Then on Wednesday maybe we'll take back all our gifts to one another and get the money back - lol.)

Love to all, have much to do before bed.  Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.