Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lazy, lazy, lazy!  I've partially cleaned the kitchen - much to do in there...wherever in the world does all the stupid paperwork come from!  It's everywhere!  In piles.  Hopefully most of it has outlived its usefulness and can be thrown away.  I culled out a stack on Thursday and lo and behold I found another stack in its place today!  Ken is the king of piling things!  and I'm certainly not any better -- except I just scatter it instead of piling it!

SO, today I've made peanut butter cookie dough which is currently chilling in the frig.  I'll make cookies in a while because I have to ship to my son tomorrow.  Don't have all their stuff ready to mail (or anyone else's for that matter), but need to get this part on its way.

I found some really cute small Christmas buckets (metal pails) at Hobby Lobby a week or so ago so last night I filled those with Christmas candy (store bought/wrapped) so those are ready to go to the grandchildren.  We ordered the fudge from Swiss Colony this year so that has been shipped.  Other than that we've bought an ornament for each of the children and grandchildren but 've got to figure out how to pack those.  This year we are not making a trip to anyone's home on Christmas Eve to deliver.  That proved to be really awkward last year so we won't do that again this year.  Best just to stay distant.  Kinda like putting your hand on a hot stove -- you learn pretty quickly!

I've got one gift for each of my daughters, my son and daughter-in-law have requested cash only so that one is really easy to send, we do the same for my step son and his family, so basically all we have to do is get a gift or two for the local grandchildren (and I always try to send something to my granddaughter in Colorado something in addition to the cash - but at 17 she puts the cash to good use!).

So, that leaves Ken.  What in the world do you buy for someone who doesn't need anything?   He wants a new computer but that's not happening.  He can buy that out of his own paycheck.  Did I mention that he went back to work?  Part time, accounting, for a company in Burleson.  May or may not be permanent.  Owner has Ken watching over what's happening -- not real sure what Ken's job is because the owner's daughter is doing books and the wife/mother is doing payroll.  But, money while it lasts!  And he's GONE 3 days a week!!!  Plus he has group on Tuesday and works at the mission on Thursday - so he's out of my hair 5 days a week!!!

As a substitute teacher, many of my days spent with pre-k, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade, I am totally saddened by the shootings in Connecticut.  I thought about the little ones I've had in classes and I know I felt like an old mother lion just when I thought some of them were being mistreated by the sub librarian.  And I thought about the classrooms in which I've taught - no way out of them except the main door...no windows to crawl out of, no way to escape.  How in the world would I protect those little babies?  In the situation in Connecticut, I'm probably a bad person because I am glad the shooter is dead.

That's about it for today...nothing to tell.  Things are pretty much the same as always.  Hope everyone had a great weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.