Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday, December 21, 2012

The day is almost over ... the world has not come to an end today thus far.  Of course, in Eastern countries it is already the 22nd of December.  But then again, the Mayan's never said the world would end on December 21, 2012...that was just when they stopped working on the calendar.  Maybe something tragic happened and they couldn't continue work on it...maybe the person doing it died and the job wasn't passed on to someone else.  Of course our belief is what the Bible says - that no man knows the day nor the hour.  But based on what we see around us that happening in the world, it sure seems close at hand!

Been really busy - been Christmas shopping.  Not spending a bunch of moolah on anyone, but with so many it takes money and time to do it all.  I am about worn out.  Thankfully son and family requested all cash - that granddaughter is graduating from high school this next spring and they are saving for a graduation trip - maybe to the islands or something.  So, check was easy to mail.  Unfortunately the news from them is that they having received the package with the cookies and candy yet nor the small box with some trinket gifts for them plus their card.  Hope to heck none of it is lost in the mail.

I still need to finish Ken's Christmas stuff and maybe pick up one more thing for a certain grandchild.  But first thing tomorrow morning I have to bathe Bennie (can't do it unless Ken is at home because he is too heavy for me to lift in/out of the tub - but I'm getting stronger!)  Want to get that over early.  I went by the vet this afternoon and picked up their flea meds.  I found flea dirt on Luci last night so first thing that happened this day was she got a bath, towel dried, brushed, blow dried, hair in pony and new shirt on.  She can't have the flea med until tomorrow ... vet wants to wait for 24 hours after the bath.  We take no chances with her since the horrible experience of last June.  We'll do the same 24 hour wait for Bennie.  If I thought I would get away with it, I would bathe the cats - but I can't - I'm not ready to be killed!

We were invited to a granddaughter's band concert earlier.  We went, but did not sit with the family.  My ex did, of course - he is the great white father now that they are grown and all the responsibility is over.  Anyway, I was glad to be invited.  We didn't stick around after the concert but left immediately afterwards, dropped some things off on their front porch, then headed back to Fort Worth.  There has been some communication with the granddaughter's mother (my daughter) since then, but mostly about what to get the children for Christmas.  That's been helpful. That's the most anyone has said to me in 4 years.  Guess I'll take what I can get.

No idea when we will drive over and drop the packages off on their porch...there's no family gathering any more.  We just do a drive by, drop off, leave.  Same with Ken's biological son/family.  We will finish up theirs tomorrow and hopefully get it dropped off as well.  We don't actually go to their house -- afraid of being shot.  We just drop off at Ken's dad and they pick up from Ken's dad's.  We are ready for the gifting part of Christmas to be behind us because participating in this nonsense is very painful.

So, what else?  Ken's new job.  He has gone to work part-time for a family-owned/operated metal building company in Burleson.  Working 3 days per week.  They are nice to him.  He got paid today - he got a Christmas bonus!  Not a huge amount, but definitely a nice surprise!

I've decided I'm NOT going to do sub teaching any more.  Either I get a job teaching in a different environment, or I don't teach.  I've been thinking about applying at Macy's or something.  That would mean being on my feet, but it would also mean continuing to build up my stamina.  Or maybe a job at Wal-Mart.  I don't want to work full time, however.  Just want to work at something about 3 days/20 hours per week.

That's it.  Nothing more to tell.  Hope everyone is ready for Christmas celebrating.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.