Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Been awake since about 4:30 -- another nightmare involving my children so woke up screaming.  Not sure how much longer I can endure the nightmares.  They seem to be getting worse.  I know it's the meds, and the meds are not going to change, but this is getting intolerable.

Stress level is high.  I told Ken back a few months ago that if I had to give up retirement (which I have earned, he hasn't), that it was not going to be a good thing for him.  Sure enough, instead of HIM working, I am.  And while I am doing something I've always wanted to do (teach and work with underprivileged women), I'm not going to do this and support his non-working ass.  I've been supporting him and dealing with the financial mess he made when he decided to commit suicide in February of 2009 and ruined me in the process.  I should be the one at home enjoying my retirement years, playing with my sewing machines and doing whatever I want to, but instead I'm out earning the extra dollars.  Every time I look at him I get pissed off about it.  And then he has the audacity during the day to send me text messages about, "I'm going to lunch with Chuck and Dave."  "I'm meeting Chuck and Dave for coffee."  Screw Chuck and Dave -- get your ass out and find a job.

Granted, Ken gets a disability check, but his check barely covers his personal BS - car payment, auto insurance, health insurance (supplemental to Medicare), his personal expenses (gas, toiletries, attorney/court fees), his payment on the loan he took out back in 2008 that I knew nothing about, and his prescriptions.  It pays nothing toward living expenses so he has been a parasite on me since 2009.  

Whew, I feel better since I vented on that subject!!!  Wonder what the heck else is bothering me!!!

Had a new class start on Monday -- another one of those classes where a couple of them have NO business being in the class!!!  OMG!  Where do these people come from????  I don't understand counselors who are referring them to the classes!  These are sweet ladies, and I believe everyone has capabilities of some kind, but not everyone belongs in a keyboarding or computer class.  Hopefully this will become a better class than I am anticipating.

The morning class I took over is not doing well at all.  They have been in keyboarding for 2 hours per day for 11 sessions and only two of them can type.  I'm not sure what to do with them, but I am going to talk to my superiors about this class this morning.  Again, they are sweet ladies, but they need to be able to type before we move into Word.  We started Word yesterday and one of the first things we do each lesson is a keyboarding exercise - typing paragraphs and eventually whole pages.  I had them print them off so I could check/grade them.  They are pitiful.  We need to start their typing class over.  This is probably not their fault.  This class started with the other instructor who became so ill (cancer), was taught hit and miss by our founder/director, and has now been taken over by me.  I am their first regular instructor.  I think they could benefit from re-doing the keyboarding module.  That is going to be my suggestion today.  

Haven't had time to stop to smell the roses lately.  Thankfully I'm off on Fridays right now so it gives me a bit of time to recuperate.  Right now I guess I better shower and go to work.  Of course has decided to go into the bathroom to do his business right at the time I need to take a shower, so I won't be able to get in there for another half hour.  And now he has decided to take a shower!  WHY?  So he'll be clean when he goes to lunch with Chuck and Dave 4-5 hours from now?  GRRRR!!!

Oh, well, at least it's Wednesday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.