Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A fairly good day. Class was good. A student who missed most of last week and was out again yesterday came back to class today. Hopefully it will be possible to learn the material and make up the work...I don't have the time to teach a one-on-one class. Another student who has been out week before last as well as last week and this is supposedly going to be in class tomorrow. Some way I have got to control the class so that these two are not working on make up work during class. The lady in charge of instructors and curriculum advised me to have everyone turn off their monitors while we are doing the lesson. I believe that is what I will do.

Afternoon class is going well since a couple of students dropped. Amazing how just one or two students can interrupt the class. We've been able to get so much more done since these two dropped.

We are in the last days of the program. Surprising how much they have learned in just six weeks. They will finish next week (BIG test). I don't know yet when they will get their cute little notebook computers, but it won't be long. Class graduation should take place in October some time.

So, what else? I made a HUGE "taco" salad last night -- the recipe some of us used to make back in the early 70's for church parties. It has a pound of browned ground beef, diced chicken (I buy the already cooked fajita chicken), tomato, onion, a can of Ranch Style beans drained and rinsed, a bag of salad (lettuce, carrots, radishes, mix), crushed fritos, and seasonings -- chili powder, salt/pepper, and garlic powder. It is all mixed up with Catalina dressing added a bit at a time so it is not "drowning." We had it for dinner last night and I took more for lunch today. Yummy. Gives me the extra protein they want me to have plus isn't really all that bad for me.

Other than that -- my identity has been stolen. Credit cards have been taken out in my name, plus whoever has attempted to open a Bill Me Later financial account via WebBank. Fortunately WebBank rejected the request because of "incomplete information or inaccurate information or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you." I've been busy contacting the various companies, the credit bureaus, and have made a police report. Suppossedly there will be an investigation by the credit card companies and they will supply me with the information of who did this and I can then prosecute them. Pain in the behind. We are watching our bank account closely and have alerts out at all three credit bureaus via phone plus today Ken mailed letters to each of them. Hopefully we're covered.

Oh, we saw my cousin's son and his little boy on Sunday. We had a sewing machine to give to his wife so we met up with the two at my place of business for delivery. First time we've seen the little boy since reunion a couple of years ago. A real sweetie.

That's about it. I've got papers to review and grade in preparation for class tomorrow...getting close to end so have to get averages figured out. I'll go in for a while this weekend to get that done.

Take care...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.