Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Whew! I'm tired! What more can I say? It's a good tired, but I AM tired Oh, gad, I just THOUGHT my former employment was disorganized chaos!!!

My morning class is ok, but just barely. These people have never heard of being anywhere on time or early. I told them the first day that everyone needs to be AT LEAST 5 minutes early. They need to have the computers fired up and the required exercise completed prior to class. They all come dragging in at 10, 15, 20 minutes after class is to begin. We are currently 1.5 hours behind in our class! Part of that is because I can't get them to SHUT UP and listen or do what they need to do. And I have one young lady who just does whatever she wants to do instead of doing what she is asked (morning class). She has missed 3 classes out of 8 thus far and believes that's perfectly alright as long as she makes up her work. I have no idea what makes her believe that be cause she was told on day 1 that attendance counts!!

And the afternoon class is just a zoo. No wonder these people can't get jobs. My stars! They cannot follow instructions/directions. It's like herding cats and getting absolutely nowhere. I have a couple of students who shouldn't ever be in these classes, cannot imagine WHY their employment counselors put them in the class. And one of them complains constantly that she can't come because she doesn't have the money for gasoline. She KNEW before she started class that she lives on the north side of town and that the class is on the south side!!! WHY did she sign up. She's missed 2 classes this week. And I do not have the time to catch her up with her work. And she refuses to put in any extra time to do the required work she's missed. But she wants credit anyway. Isn't going to happen.

Other than that, I've been going to bed - or at least falling to sleep in the recliner -- every evening right after dinner. I haven't cooked a meal, haven't done anything except work, eat dinner, go to sleep. Up at 6, showered, dressed, out the door. I feel like I'm meeting myself coming and going.

Oh, well, time for bed...it's almost 9. (lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.