Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday, August 24, 2012

Thank God this week is almost over. I've been up since before 4 a.m. grading papers, building email accounts for my afternoon students via gmail, and otherwise wearing myself out over these two classes. I was so stressed and exhausted when I got home last night that I just wanted to sit down and cry and then go to sleep. I went to bed about 6:15, and instead of getting up when Ken came to bed about 9 I moved over to my side of the bed and continued sleeping.

My morning class has settled out and they are super...they do everything they are supposed to do. My afternoon class is still a zoo. I'm down to 4 students in that class -- it's one thru Texas Workforce. Two of my students got jobs so won't be back. They wanted so badly to complete the course and were two of my three good students. Two of the students I have left will NEVER have a clue what we are doing and they slow everyone down so badly that we are now 2.5 classes behind. I have NO choice but to move on and leave them behind. These are the two who should have NEVER been in this class in the first place. One has a 5th grade education, and can't read/write well, and the other one is just totally scatter brained. Neither of them have the intent of ever using this information for work, so it's a waste of taxpayer money for them to be in the class! But they are hanging on because there is a computer awarded at the end of the class if they do!!!

Other than that, I am about to break. It is killing me. I will be submitting an email to the head of the organization to let her know that I will never teach at the Tx Workforce facility again. There is no support there, every day I have to hunt the computers (they are laptops that are checked out and back in every day), I requested internet for 14 days and finally had it yesterday but it kept fading in and out, we don't have desks to work at - computers are set up on tables which puts the students hands/arms at awkward positions - and teaching the class there is total stress. Every day when I get home I'm ready for a 6-pack of beer and I don't drink beer!!! Never again.

That's it. I'm exhausted, but it's now time to take a shower and get ready for work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.