Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Haven't been able to accomplish anything since Monday...started feeling sickly (chills, fever, crud) and have been wrapped up in a quilt most of yesterday and today. Fortunately because of the transplant I have a prescrip of antibiotic on hand but do not want to take it unless this is pneumonia (can cause my body to fight off things, including transplant). So, I've been taking Tylenol - the only thing I'm allowed to take.

But, in reviewing previous posts, it occurred to me that there is something my children probably do not know about my ex and me. I divorced him - not the other way around. I just got fed up with it all - never knowing where he was, who he was with, etc., spending hours driving around at night trying to figure out where he was. My son remembers all of that. And even after the divorce was final, he and I continued to see one another and discussed putting it back together. I'm the one who made the decision that things had to come to a halt. There was no future for either one of us otherwise.

Oh, well, there's just so much of that I don't want to think about...it was a very dark period of my life (and his, too, I'm sure). It just never should have happened. I don't think either of us wanted or expected or planned for it to turn out the way it did, but thankfully we were young and made the decision to go separate ways instead of living for years and years in a life of pure misery!

Oh, well ....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.