Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday, January 2, 2012, AM

Monday is still Monday, even if retired! Oh, my, so much to do today. With retirement comes giving up the housekeeper, which means we gotta do all the work. I've made a schedule so we can try to stay up with things, and Monday is bathroom cleaning day and household laundry. All rugs/mats are in the washer. I always dread cleaning the master bathroom. I don't know why it takes so long to clean that room or why it is so difficult; it takes hardly any time to clean the hall bathroom! Oh, well, must be done.

I'm going to put on a pot of stew before I get started on the shower stall, but then going to get BUSY. I want everything done by noon so we have the rest of the day to go to the gym and piddle. I have two goals for this year -- eat healthier, organic, home cooked meals instead of junky fast food, and get more fit. In the process, maybe lose some weight. I am so dang tired of having the figure of a blasted snowman!!! And this round head with the huge sagging jawls and all this fat under my neck just has to go. I know some of it is because of the anti-rejection meds I take, but man oh man, this has just got to get better. Another goal is to drink lots and lots of water and try to wean myself somewhat from the zero coke.

Oh, at the quilting retreat I went to over the weekend, I mentioned trying to figure out what to wear now that I'm retired. The ladies told me that one thing they do is cut off a t-shirt about mid-way between the breast line and the waist, and then sew cotton fabric onto the shirt! Instant easy house dress! I have a pink t-shirt I bought in Vegas which I will never wear. I was planning to use the logo part in a quilt for myself, but now I'm going to cut it off and sew on a skirt. I've got to re-design the neckline on it because one reason I don't wear t-shirts is because I hate the neck...but they told me they cut off the ribbing, cut the front a little deeper, use what's left from the tail of the t-shirt to make a software bias fnished piece for the neck! Well I'll be darned - I can do all that!

So, we'll see how Monday's gonna go. DH is stripping the bed and I'm headed to the kitchen to put on the stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.