Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yesterday being Monday I was supposed to get off my behind and get things done. Didn't happen. For some damned reason I am extremely depressed, I just feel like sitting down and bawling my eyes out. Nothing knew has happened, I just feel like there's absolutely no reason to go on. Anyway, I didn't get anything done - not a thing. DH did - he washed the towels and bedding, ran the swiffer over the floors, and made up the bed. Oh, I did make some soup, but DH told me it tasted like crap.

Instead of cooking dinner, DH and I met up with some of my high school/neighborhood buddies at Mexican Inn for dinner.

Today has been busy -- I was awakened to the door bell ringing. Not a gentle "ding dong," but over and over and over, loud knocking on the window of the door, re-ringing of the door bell, more knocking, dogs barking their heads off. DH had an appointment this morning, so he wasn't home. I went to DH's office to see who the HHHH was at the door but did not recognize the car. No one I know would be so rude at the door. I thought the guy would go away if I ignored it, but that wasn't to be! He continued. With the dogs with me and phone in hand dialed to 911 (had not yet pushed "call"), I went close to the door and yelled, "Who is it?" The yelled back, but I couldn't hear him because of the dogs. I finally heard enough to know he was looking for DH. I finally got up the nerve to open the door (with dogs with me) and the man yelled at me that he's DH's officer. I looked at him like he was crazy and told him DH was at the MHMR office where he was supposed to be!! The man yelled at me to tell DH he came by. Did he think after all the commotion he caused that I wouldn't do that????? I immediately sent a text to DH and called him. He was at that moment sitting in exactly the place he was supposed to be - and was waiting to see the MHMR doc!

The day improved somewhat from that! Be hard not to! I decided to attend the company retiree association gathering today, and DH met me there after his morning appointments. Oh, my, I don't know what year these folks retired, but they all looked as though they were in their 80's at least!!! Over heard one person remark about us that we didn't look old enough to be there! To make things worse, the dang speaker today was the retired sports writer for the Star Telegram, Jim Reeves. His entire 30-40 minute talk was about the Nolan Ryan/Robin Ventura fiasco. Now anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely hate/despise/have no use for sports. I was miserable - worse than listening to a preacher go on and on on Sunday morning. I thought he would never shut up. Good thing the first year of membership for newly retired folks is free or I would never go back!

Then I did some "ME" time...while DH headed to pick up milk/necessities, I headed to the nail salon for some much needed pampering. I should be shot for spending that kind of money on myself, but I was ready for the chair massage, pedicure, and nail fill. And tonight I skipped out on cooking. We went to what DH and I call the corner - Italian Cafe which is not too far away. The oriignal owner has been back about a year and it has become the neighborhood place to go again. So, that mans tomorrow I have to get busy 'cause I have been absolutely worthless for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.