Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Yipes!  I did the girl thing today...went shopping knowing I had paid bills and had NO money to spend on anything extra until next week.  Well of course, as usual, I found something special!  A gorgeous black pin stripe Le Suit -  pants suit on sale along with two suit tops - one is animal print, and one is a beautiful fuscia pink.  I paced back and forth, tried on the suit - it fit perfectly except the length has to be hemmed of course, and the tops are perfect.  I walked the store afterwards thinking do I or don't I?  I finally did the other girl thing...I bought it all (NOT credit), and have kept the receipt with the purchase hanging up on the original hangers.  If it turns out I need money before next week I may take it back...but I've got the budget figured out so I'm going to SLIDE by 'til Tuesday!  I hope!

Ken did not understand my logic at all, of course.  He just doesn't get "girl" finances/budget!  I told him I know we are ok, we have $$ in the bank, I just don't like to spend all the discretionary funds!  I know the car is going to break down tonight!!!  

And then we went to Wally World to get the miscellaneous things we need.  Strange isn't it that I don't feel guilty about spending money on things like that at all but feel totally ashamed that I spent the money on myself!  I think it's because I remember how horrible it was for such a long time when it was just me taking care of myself and the kids and there was never a penny to buy anything.  I feel guilty about spending $$ on me.  

Yet I didn't feel guilty at all buying a new nice, good quality white shirt for Ken at Macy's the other day.  I wonder what the difference is.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.