Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Life has been busy. Let's see, last time I was meeting friend Denise for coffee at Starbucks. Had a great time, as always. We spent about 3 hours getting to talk girl talk and discussing our little foo foo doggies and making clothes for them. Denise sent me home with a beautiful pink hoodie for Luci as well as a dress she had made for her Mina when she was little, along with some patterns. Now to find the time to sew them!

We were getting ready to go to St. David's in the Meadow on Sunday. We had a great time - we look forward to that service every year. David always opens the service and then we have some Christmas music, then Tonya reads the age-old story of the birth of Jesus, then we have a "sermon" (really just a speach) by the New Passage Sunday School teacher, Bill Lanford, then some more music. This year we had a full house!

The potluck lunch was great as always. Everybody brings the most wonderful food, and this year there was a smoked brisket and a turkey.

After lunch there is the hilarious "chinese" gift exchange. And the gift exchange is a mix of good gifts and white elephant exchange. And it is always fun. This year I received a broken snow globe (threw it away before we left), and Ken received a wig and a pair of satin high heel shoes dyed blue!!! Guess what will be rewrapped and taken back next year!!! I got a picture of him with the wig on and loaded it on to facebook.

It's been a busy week! I spent Friday at Baylor All Saints Hospital in the kidney transplant clinic. Everything still looks good. I told them I can't return for more visit due to the layoff and retirement effective January 1. They have work arounds, so I'll be followed in Fishbach's private practice instead of the clinic, and Yango told me that if it comes to groceries or paying them that they will waive their fee! The social worker has applied for a grant for me to get meds this month, and she gave me a card to use for getting reimbursement for one of the rejection meds.

Still trying to get Christmas shopping done but don't have a clue what to get. We wet to Macy's on Saturday, but I'm having buyer's remorse (we just can't afford what we bought), and I'm taking some of it back this week. We still need to go to the book store. My problem is, I want to buy the world for my children and grandchildren.

I have completed making 6 Christmas vests!!! They are SO cute (at least I think so). Thus far I've completed one for granddaughters Madison, Chloe, and Sophie; and for grandsons Nathan, Jacob, and Jevan. I am going to get started on one for Courtney - I had to wait for the pattern to get here. She's a tiny mite so had to FIND a pattern for hers. I know whatever I make will be too big for her!!! I've attached ribbon to the girls' vests for closing, but can't figure out what to do for closing the boys' vests! All of them are reversible, and I'm thinking I'll make one buttonhole on theirs and then sew a button on each side of the vest - of course that means on one side the button will be on the WRONG side for a boy!

Tomorrow I have to shop for granddaughter Sophie's birthday - it's on Wednesday. Can't afford to buy her things until tomorrow, so it means we will have to make a trip to their place one night after work. And again, leave it on the front porch and ring the bell. I don't know what we will do about all their Christmas things (bags) -- I'm afraid they will be stolen.

Well, that's it for now. Gotta go take care of laundry and get ready to go to work tomorrow. Only have this week and next left before I'm off for good! I am so frightened of being without a job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.