Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday, December 3, 2011

My grandson Jacob's 8th birthday was Thursday. We bought his gifts, bagged them, then after work on Wednesday we drove them to Mansfield. I don't have a clue where my daughter (his mother) lives, and since my two daughters don't speak to me and I'm not allowed to have anything to do with the grandchildren, all I can do is leave things on the porch of my youngest daughter, ring the door bell, leave a text message and drive off. I never hear from them as to whether or not the gifts are received or even given to the grandchildren. There has never been a thank you from any of them so I have no way of knowing.

So, life goes on. It hurts, I cry, I get depressed, and for a couple of days I'm non-functional. And then I have to move on. I pray that none of my children ever experience these kinds of actions.

I made a Christmas vest for my 2 year old granddaughter, Sophie. I've seen her only one time in her life - she has no clue I exist. But, as I tell Ken, we will continue to do the right thing anyway. The vest is really cute -- the outside is from the Christmas fabric I used to make my daughter's Christmas dress in 1990, the lining is Christmas kitty fabric.

I have vests to make for my other granddaughters as well, but I cut one of them out only to discover I had cut the pattern the wrong way on a one-way designed fabric! Ken went yesterday and picked up some more fabric so I'll get that done this weekend.

I've made a new Christmas dress for Luci - my foo foo doggie. She's a real hottie in it.

Gotta run - I'm heading to have coffee with friend Denise at Starbucks, then got to get home to get ready for St. David's in the Meadow tomorrow morning. Ken got the crazy gifts yesterday so we gotta get those wrapped and then figure out some kind of food to take with us. Always fun at St. David's...little church out northwest of Weatherford, single room, pot belly stove in the center of the room. Friend David McKenna purchased the property when it was decommissioned by the Methodist church several years ago. Its adjacent to his property and he was afraid someone would purchase the church property and destroy it, or else put in a pig farm or something!

Have a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.