Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nope, did not start the New Year off by going to church today.  Didn't mention it - I've learned not to bother.

Been a few days since I've posted anything here -- not much to post.  Since the day after New Year's I've been beating my brain up trying to accomplish everything the FWISD wants done before this coming Tuesday!  Been attending the online seminars for several hours per day, taking assessments, communicating with FWISD, yada, yada, yada.

Along with all the school work I've managed to list some things on Ebay and some of it actually sold!  So I've been spending time getting shipments ready and sent.

Ken was off work on Thursday, Jan. 3, and he was unable to get the lady at First Street Mission to respond to his phone call or email so we made a day for ourselves out of it.  We've been putting a little bit of $$ aside in preparation of visiting the FW museum to see the Titanic Exhibit before it is gone in March.  We've seen the museum video (not very good in our opinion - Cameron's flick is better) but we didn't want to miss seeing the actual exhibit.  So yea!  We went.  We are both history buffs so this interested both of us.  It is a neat exhibit -- we were disappointed that there were not more of the items found during recovery on display, but the exhibit is still worth visiting.  Some of the display is set up so that visitors actually see what it was like to be in some of the passage ways on the ship.

We cannot remember where we have seen a titanic exhibit previously, but somewhere over the years we have, and there were more of the recovered items displayed.  I think our collective memory is shot!

Friday was a holiday off day for the Lockheed Blanketeers so the ladies met for the January meeting lunch at Gloria's which is located in the old Montgmery Ward Plaza here in FW.  I was not feeling so great when I left the house but went anyway thinking I would feel better if I went on.  I enjoy going to the old plaza area - so much redevelopment has been happening in that area.  It was quite difficult to find a parking place and I waivered between leaving or parking some distance and walking.  I finally decided to park and walk.  I walk very slowly, but the distance was only about a block so by walking slowly and stopping when I needed to it wasn't so bad.  These ladies are so wonderful - so talented, so intelligent, so good to be around - I'm glad I parked and walked.  I always have a wonderful time around these ladies.

My system disagreed with my choice of sour cream chicken enchiladas, no beans, no rice.  But it was good to go anyway.  Therapeutic.  I continued the self therapy by heading to the nail shop afterward for a mani and pedi.  Ah!  Pure heaven.

Ken worked on Friday but left work about 2:30.  He won't be working on Friday from now on...instead he will work Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.  That's nice because it will give us 3-day weekends so we can go someplace if we ever decide to!  I don't imagine his working will last too long - possibly a year - but he's enjoying having money to spend.  For instance, yesterday we went to the model/hobby train show and he was able to buy the HO starter train set that he has been wanting plus an additional engine and a few additional cars and tracks.  In the past he wouldn't have been able to do that.  So yea for Ken...it makes him feel a lot better about himself that he's not so dependent on MY income.  (Although he has other income, it mostly goes for bills, monthly expenses, etc.)

So today is Sunday -- wanted to sleep late, but Ken was up early so Luci woke up whining and wanting to get down, too, which woke up Bennie and me.  So, here I am.  This afternoon I'm going to the quilting bee, and after that I go back to studying for FWISD.  I have got to get all this done!  Classes start back on Tuesday (Monday is a teacher service day), and I have to have all these certifications turned in by Tuesday!  They system has already been calling me wanting me to accept class assignments for this next week.  Thus far I haven't.  Since we are off Monday, and I have a lunch and meeting with someone on Friday, that means my work day choices for the week are Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.  I'm hoping I can find some half day assignments in either pre-K or kindergarten.

So much for all that - I need to get busy.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.