Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday, February 13, 2012

After two great days (Friday and Saturday), yesterday was a wipe out...totally depressed and down. Couldn't work myself out of it. Finally gave up the idea of going anywhere. So glad today was so different.

Furniture was delivered last Friday...TV and cabinet were set up, along with new sofa and loveseat. Still need to find tables. Anyway, TV wasn't working correctly so yesterday morning I woke up to Ken cursing and yelling and talking to the folks from India about the television and ATT Uverse. This went on for hours. I finally gave up and got up. It is what started off the horrible Sunday and depression.

Today, however, ATT was coming out to straighten out the tv problem, and David - husband of my cousin Judy - was coming to bring a sewing machine and pick up our old bedroom television. So, I showered, dressed (wasn't able to yesterday, so victory today), Ken got all the tv stuff together - including setting up a 19" tv in my room, David came and brought the sewing machine, and I left to go see my brother Joe by about 12:45.

I'm going to try to get the sewing machine up and running so that it can go to my other cousin Mason - his wife wants a sewing machine. Since I collect, tear down, overhaul, and try to get 'em running, I'm going to take a look at this one.

So, made it to my brother's at about 1. First time I've been able to spend a whole afternoon with my oldest brother by myself in years and years. I took new keyboard lesson and theory books to him along with music books he can use while practicing his bass guitar or his keyboards. I want him to work thru Lessons one and two and then we'll revisit. (My brother is not doing well. He has heart failure, lung failure, and kidney failure. I need to spend as much time as possible.)

I got back home a little after 4 and opened up my email to find one of my favorite people in the world had tracked me down and contacted me thru LinkedIn. This is a fellow that I worked with for such a long time who retired in 2010 and just vanished. He told me he's in Corpus, he has married a wonderful girl he has known since the first grade, his band is back together, and he's living life to the fullest and doesn't miss our former employment at all. Nice to know he remembered me and the fact that we were a great team! That was a really nice surprise. Maybe we will be able to swing by Corpus, Padre, and Port Aransas when we make our trip to far south Texas to cross the border to Progreso, MX for dental work. It seems we have so many friends who have moved down that way.

To end the day we went to Luby's for dinner with the rest of the old folks.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I haven't bought a card for anybody or sent a gift. This year I'm just really bad - my "heart" just isn't in it!

So, 'til next time, be good, be safe, and may God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are invited, but they are reviewed for inappropriate language and content.